Gearbox trouble Help

Evil Mitch

LETS RIDE
Ride
2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
Hey guys most of you know my machine but for those that dont it is a 2009 standard and has had the gearbox upgrade at about 10,000 ks . Not sure how mutch of an upgrade it is though . This afternoon i went to pick my daughter up from school and the only gear i have is 1st now any other gear just results in neutral and the bike going nowhere ? any ideas as to what im looking at here guys

Hi Mitch,
Having never had anything to do with the boxes on these it would be hard to guess what's going on but I might check with my mechanic in Melbourne and see what he has to say.
I did experience a similar problem with an old car I had some years back now in that the selector fork collar had come loose and would only move it in one direction, anything after that was a no go.
But of course I don't know these gearbox operations and this could be completely different so don't quote me on this. I will give him a call and see what he says.
BTW I know B'dog had a similar issue with his some time ago, I will get back to you on here or PM. Cheers mate.

Sorry Mitch unable to help you there buddy, doesn't sound like a detent spring but Who Knows !!!

Spoke to Charlie (my mech) and he says it could be one of a few things all of which require an internal look. Hard to pick it exactly without seeing it. The other fella I mentioned, well his was just a simple adjustment issue on the shifter linkage which had to be lengthened, (behaving the same) and his was solved but I guess you have looked at that. I hope you have a successful, easy fix at minimum cost mate. Cheers.

Has the selector been jumping or like bouncing while trying to change gear. I had worn dog gears on my YZF yamah which caused the selector to jump in and out (terrible feeling) it bent the selector arm (small lug on the shaft) I fixed it a few times till it stranded me and I had to fix it (was stuck in neutral) replaced second and sixth gear and selector arm, forks and drum. Was a big job had to pull the whole engine apart - pistons off the rods etc justto crack the case.

Has the selector been jumping or like bouncing while trying to change gear. I had worn dog gears on my YZF yamah which caused the selector to jump in and out (terrible feeling) it bent the selector arm (small lug on the shaft) I fixed it a few times till it stranded me and I had to fix it (was stuck in neutral) replaced second and sixth gear and selector arm, forks and drum. Was a big job had to pull the whole engine apart - pistons off the rods etc justto crack the case.

No nothing like that mate it was fine until today . It's fine in first but nowhere else it just feels like it's in neutral . I'll just park her up till Ii have some money to get it looked at

Back