Welcome Mrs Marty..........dont listen to these idiots.....
I ride a rocket and I love it....I also have a yamaha v-star that I ride and i love it too....Its small and great for putting around town on......pick what you want and feel comfortable with and go with it.
As far as him leaving you..........let him go........You always know the way home......and you might have more fun than he does:D:D
Or let him get way ahead and then duck into a gas station out of sight..........See how long before he realizes your not there and comes looking for you in a panic.....:eek::eek:
That will learn him dern him..........LOL....
Welcome again and have fun.

Welcome Mrs Marty..........dont listen to these idiots.....
I ride a rocket and I love it....I also have a yamaha v-star that I ride and i love it too....Its small and great for putting around town on......pick what you want and feel comfortable with and go with it.
As far as him leaving you..........let him go........You always know the way home......and you might have more fun than he does:D:D
Or let him get way ahead and then duck into a gas station out of sight..........See how long before he realizes your not there and comes looking for you in a panic.....:eek::eek:
That will learn him dern him..........LOL....
Welcome again and have fun.

Thanks for the welcome, read your message out to the old boy and we had a good laugh...might try the servo(gas station) trick on him....I went and had a look and a read up on the Yamaha V-star, we were looking at the honda shadow but now might do some homework on the v-star instead. I have ridden small bikes many years ago, so this month I have to renew my drivers license so will be getting my bike learners done then, find a bike and off I go....lol... Will be doing a Qride course, so with doing that I dont have to hold my learners for 6 months before getting my license. In Queensland a learner has to have a licensed rider following them so the old boy will have to stay with me...lol:D

For learners in the ACT there's almost unlimited choice. There are restrictions but they're based on power:weight which puts pretty much all 250s in there, as well as lot of 400-750cc machines. Believe it or not Americas/Speedmasters and some models of V-Star 1300 are also on the list. And not surprising at all, given the criteria (power:weight) Sportster 883 and pretty much all the "big" Harleys. What a joke.

Learners go off solo too, which is much better as they can practice in private and I reckon gain confidence faster without their more experienced and critical friends/partners watching. It's working for my girl.

And oh yeah, the servo thing would work with me.

Here's Amanda's Virago. Pics taken this morning. We went for a short (ie about 5km)ride to where we were meeting some people for a run near the Canberra Zoo, which, clearly, is next to the lake and Scrivener dam. It might only be a 250 but it gets along fine and she'll graduate to something more substantial pretty soon the way she's going. She's 6' tall by the way yet the Virago still fits her (just).

javascript:;
javascript:;

Back