I had a chick that rode her own bike once ... was a dead set pain in the arse. She was either tearing off ( usually straight into a radar trap) or that far behind you could hardly see her headlight. Sure none of you ladies are like that but she f#ckin was !!!.. Was glad to see the back of her and her poxy 1200 Sportster ;)

Mate of mine refused to try to keep up on his farking harley, even if I slowed down - he'd just drop back further. Annoyed the crap out of me. He's lucky I was looking in my mirror in time to see him air borne when he stacked it otherwise he'd still be lying there. Hopefully Amanda won't be like that; she drives just like I do and is only worried at the moment about having zero points. Don't think she's too likely to hair off in front of me though :D. The Sportster should have given you a clue.....

a dude at work has a sportster lol i give him crap all the time :D
he had it parked next to mine one day and my boss walked past while everybody was there looking at my beast and said ah look your bike had a baby mitch lol
the other guy was spewing he hasent brought it in since lol:D

Now that's friggin funny!!

a dude at work has a sportster lol i give him crap all the time :D
he had it parked next to mine one day and my boss walked past while everybody was there looking at my beast and said ah look your bike had a baby mitch lol
the other guy was spewing he hasnt brought it in since lol:D

:eek:**** me EM;

Read that started laughing, went to coughing, then the tears, couldn't breath, nearly blacked out, barely recovered and I had to read it again.:D

Yep says it all though.:cool:

Welcome Mrs.

As a former instructor, I second the suggestion on taking the safety course. Then locate yourself what I call a "beater-bike". Something cheap that you and learn on for a year or so, drop it (you will), stall it (you will), and other wise do stupid things that beginners do (yes, I did all those things, too). Don't get something too small like a 250cc or so, rather stay in the 500-800cc range. And above all, contrary to the marketing hype, a Harley 883 is a horrible beginner bike. Avoid at all costs.

After you get some miles under your belt, then look for your long term bike.

Enjoy and best wishes on the upcoming wedding.

G'day tdragger;

You've reinforced to the Mrs what I have said but I have to give her credit, keen as mustard but definitely listens not a smart arse by any means. Besides this girl will even get in and help with any work one is doing on the bike or 4WD's for that mater, best bloody parts cleaner and washer you ever seen.:)

Gday Gday marty Mrs,

You guys are always welcome down south. If you ride to Melbourne my wife and I will be able to cruise some great spots in Vic with you but you are going to have to wait 3 months as wife is off her bike due to a bigger gut than mine condition! pregnancy!

Nice to have another from the superior being clan join our mob. Say gday to the big fella.

G'day Ponters;

Lived in Victoria for 30 years and when we get down there will drop you a line, countery & a rumbo a definite mate. Been away from down south so long a ride to a few goods spots would be great especially as Cathy hasn't seen much of Victoria. Next trip down want be until after new year but have a few rocketeers we want to drop in a see on the way down and on the way home.

Last 4 times we have been down south have been good but was all family time can't wait to get Cath down for a good trip around.

I had a chick that rode her own bike once ... was a dead set pain in the arse. She was either tearing off ( usually straight into a radar trap) or that far behind you could hardly see her headlight. Sure none of you ladies are like that but she f#ckin was !!!.. Was glad to see the back of her and her poxy 1200 Sportster ;)

Mr's been on the back tomcat so she knows how I ride, that's her lesson in keeping up, I'll wait whilst I get fuel a have a smoke but then that's it. I'll have patience for a few rides so she can ditch the trainer wheels, if she can't twist it far enough by then well she can leave the day before me and I'll catch her up in a couple of hours:D

Hey Ponters, thanks for the invite, plan to head down south next year for a trip, have done a few quick trips down to Melbourne but in the car and for family reasons so our next trip down there will be one for us and intend to make it a good one!!!

Thanks for the advice tdragger, Me and the big fella have already talked about what bike I will start out on, Im quite happy to work my way up instead of being an idiot and going out of my league and will most definately be doing the safety course. The big fella rekons he will have me riding the rocket one day, just not sure what day that will be coz I got to get his arse off it first....lol

Back