Big Marty's Mrs

.060 Over
Ride
2013 Thunderbird Storm
G'day Captains; Big Marty's Mrs here, I'm the good woman he talks about, no bike license yet, the big fella says that is about to change, (nice to have a say in these things).

So for the last 12 months I have just get to sit on the Big fellas rocket, and what a good ride that is!!!!;)

We are planning to get married and I want our rocket as the wedding vehicle, make for some good pics I reckon, but still trying to work out who he will actually marry me or the bloody rocket!!!!....lol.

He's trying to organise a rocket ride up this way next year so guess I will be involved with that too, so will be great to meet up with other rocket riders, the more the merrier.

I can tell you one thing we are open to a ride any where, any time, especially after I get my first bike later in the year. The big fella wants me to end up riding a rocket.

But as I say to him it's a big thing for a little delicate girl like me. But when you think about it I must like big toys too, as you only have to look at my bloke!!!!!!!! hahahah

Well that's me Cathy (Navigator);)

g'day captains; big marty's mrs here, i'm the good woman he talks about, no bike license yet, the big fella says that is about to change, (nice to have a say in these things).

So for the last 12 months i have just get to sit on the big fellas rocket, and what a good ride that is!!!!;)

we are planning to get married and i want our rocket as the wedding vehicle, make for some good pics i reckon, but still trying to work out who he will actually marry me or the bloody rocket!!!!....lol.

He's trying to organise a rocket ride up this way next year so guess i will be involved with that too, so will be great to meet up with other rocket riders, the more the merrier.

I can tell you one thing we are open to a ride any where, any time, especially after i get my first bike later in the year. The big fella wants me to end up riding a rocket.

But as i say to him it's a big thing for a little delicate girl like me. But when you think about it i must like big toys too, as you only have to look at my bloke!!!!!!!! Hahahah

well that's me cathy (navigator);)

jess rocket is what we rode after the wedding...lol

Gday Gday marty Mrs,

You guys are always welcome down south. If you ride to Melbourne my wife and I will be able to cruise some great spots in Vic with you but you are going to have to wait 3 months as wife is off her bike due to a bigger gut than mine condition! pregnancy!

Nice to have another from the superior being clan join our mob. Say gday to the big fella.

Good for you....definitely take the safety course.

My lovely bride (5 years in January) has been riding her own bike for over 12 years now and belongs to the Motor Maids. She rides to her annual convention every July and has ridden as far as from PA to Colorado for my Valkyrie rally. She rides a VTX 1300 that she bought new in '06.

Fortunately, my Rocket is a bit too tall for her at 5'4" and she has only ridden it herself once. I'm afraid I would loose it if it fit her better. I'm 6'3" and have it set up with tall shocks (on purpose!!). She's afraid to ride my Valkyrie as if anything ever happened to it there would be big trouble...

Welcome...

Welcome Mrs.

As a former instructor, I second the suggestion on taking the safety course. Then locate yourself what I call a "beater-bike". Something cheap that you and learn on for a year or so, drop it (you will), stall it (you will), and other wise do stupid things that beginners do (yes, I did all those things, too). Don't get something too small like a 250cc or so, rather stay in the 500-800cc range. And above all, contrary to the marketing hype, a Harley 883 is a horrible beginner bike. Avoid at all costs.

After you get some miles under your belt, then look for your long term bike.

Enjoy and best wishes on the upcoming wedding.

Welcome My Ann has had her lerners for a couple of years she doen't ride often but hopefully she will get her full licence soon ( just a Confidence issue) any way welcome again from the South Coast NSW:cool:

Amanda's riding her Virago several times a week and has braved peak hour traffic a few times a swell. Still a bit shaky on hill starts and roundabouts but doing really well and gaining confidence every time she rides - and loving it. Take the plunge with something that doesn't make you nervous and look to something more substantial when you're confident. She's eyeing off an America some time next year and is determined to ride the Rocket eventually. For now it's just great to be able to go for rides (albeit a bit slower than I would normally) together.

Enjoy it guys.
The divine celestial Princess was a rider when I first met her ( during the paleolithic period).
It was 2 motorcycle trips for the longest time and it was bloody great.
Regrettably the Princess can't ride these days coz of back/neck problems so I'm solo.
Geez I miss having my best mate as my riding companion.

Back