Gas tank protector

Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
i ride a 2008 Rocket III Touring. Unfortunately, during dismount I have scratched the left side of the tank with my belt buckle. The repair is costly, but repairable. What I am looking for is a modified "bib". Preferably leather and something I can remove to wash my bike. The idea is to protect the tank. Any ideas?

Have you tried looking for a different belt? plus how does your belt buckle get any where near the tank? not a big fan of the tank protectors to me they look as bad as a windshield.
I have a fairly tall trunk on the back. When I swing my leg over the back I tip forward, thus the scratches on the lower left side. Oh I forgot, the size of my gut might have something to do with it...

i ride a 2008 Rocket III Touring. Unfortunately, during dismount I have scratched the left side of the tank with my belt buckle. The repair is costly, but repairable. What I am looking for is a modified "bib". Preferably leather and something I can remove to wash my bike. The idea is to protect the tank. Any ideas?
I have a standard "bib"black leather $30 shipping included need to clear some shelves in the garage!!

Three suggestions:
1) 86 the belt :eek:
2) Drop a few pounds :rolleyes: :inlove
3) Use left board for dismount and mounting :thumbsup:

1) belt replaced
2)working on it. 8lbs removed
3)not graceful enough to accomplish

8# = GOOD Start - working on it myself.
Anybody hardy enough to ride motor should be able to place a left foot on the board then swing the right leg over while on the side stand?
I had to start this practice a year ago as I procrastinate on a right hip replacement.

Three suggestions:
1) 86 the belt :eek:
2) Drop a few pounds :rolleyes: :inlove
3) Use left board for dismount and mounting :thumbsup:
NO I have a stickon tank protector on my 2012 Roadster there are a large selection of tank protectors out there so look on line

Back