hossman

.040 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT Triple Black Edition
I have a 13 Roadster and run 87 octane as the manual states. Anybody know if running 91 or 93 makes a difference since it's a low compression engine?

My 08 uses 87. I see no advantage to using a higher octane gas unless your tune dictates that it needs it.

@hossman I misunderstood the manual when I first got mine and only put premium in it for the first 11,500 miles. Now I am using 87 octane without any issues. I saw no noticable improvment when using the higher octane over what I am doing now.

@hossman I misunderstood the manual when I first got mine and only put premium in it for the first 11,500 miles. Now I am using 87 octane without any issues. I saw no noticable improvment when using the higher octane over what I am doing now.
thanks for the heads up

I always use 91RON as per the manual. One day I accidentally filled up with 98RON because that's all I use in my car, and I was obviously on auto-pilot when I pulled in to fill the bike up.

It took a couple of days to work out why my bike was running a bit rougher. I had to double-check the fuel receipt. Seems my bike doesn't like the premium stuff.

Thanks for the input!

I have a 13 Roadster and run 87 octane as the manual states. Anybody know if running 91 or 93 makes a difference since it's a low compression engine?

Great question mate.... I was going to ask it myself

Hey Boog, I may have missed it but what did you find on the problem you were having after fill ups?

I phoned Triumph USA a few years ago with that question because the original '05 handbook stated 89 and a couple of years later the manual said 87. I was told that 87 is all it needs. With over 114,000 miles on standard fuel and mine is running excellently.

AGREED! Did the same, except for over 20K miles. Past 5K used 87 with no noticeable difference.
Stock engine with K&N, opened exhaust and HansO #1 tune.

Back