Front Tire Mileage

kmrmike

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Rocket Touring, Vulcan 1500 Classic
Some time ago I changed my front tire to a Bridgestone Spitfire. It was advertised as dual compounds for mileage and for turns. It was on my R3T and finally wore enough for a change-out.
All in all I was happy with the performance and especially the miles it gave me-18,242; thought i'd pass it along. As you can see in the photo, it wore fairly evenly with minimum cupping.

Bridgestone Spitfire.JPG

Sorry not meaning to Hijack just thought I would post this for @Mittzy Tony's benefit
Is that a standard size tyre?
thats on a Touring Tony but if you are looking for a good wearing with excellent grip the Dunlop Elite 3 as pictured below is worth considering I only changed it as I was expecting to go a heap more km's on the way home from RDU this elite# has done 8,700km with at least another 2,000km left in it before it hitting the wear indicator bars the best I got out of a Avon was 8,000 km to just below the wear bars, the best I got out of other tyres was Shimko 9,000Km (from the first one then had to overheat and delaminate the next two at around 6,000 Km ) and Metz is 7,400 Km's All tyres mentioned are 150/80/17
IMG_0781.JPG

I like the idea of a dual compound - although I am not requiring a tyre just yet.

Yes it is a H rated and note how that tyre is evenly worn across the whole width and I doubt it would let you down that tyre has been on in all kinds of weather whilst having done a circuit of Tassie towing the camper trailer it never put a foot wrong even when pushed hard
Note also there is no cupping where as I still got cupping on the Avon Cobra on the front

Last edited:
Back