Forward Controls

IngrahamS

.040 Over
Ride
Sold my Rocket need another...
Forward Controls (FINISHED)

Decided to make my own forward controls because the aftermarket doesn't (that I know of). I pushed the controls out 6 inches, i did this spending as little as possible. I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures of the actual fabrication but I just thought about doing a little write up tonight after i finished all the fabrication. the only material i had to purchase was a 3 foot length of 1" steel rod, I cut two 8 inch lengths and had my buddy machine both ends down to roughly 3/4" leaving 6" of 1" rod. I cut the control frames behind the guard mounting tabs and inserted the 1" rod into the frame ends. I then cut the front frame at the welds. I was able to use this piece to suport the front of the frames by flipping them around and fish mouthing them to wrap around the cast piece, I then used a MIG welder to tack everything while it was bolted to the machine to make sure when finish welding it didn't distort. once tacked I removed the frames from the machine and tig welded everything. I used a grinder to dress the front of the cast pieces up and a die grinder to blend all the welds in. I'm sure the directions leave alot to be desired but i've never been good about writing down step by step instructions. The overall dificulty wasn't bad, there is alot of welding, grinding, and measuring involved and I am fortunate enough to have my own mig, tig, and a motorcycle lift and a good friend that has access to a lathe. I have ordered a stainless braided brake line and will post up the part # as soon as I verify it fits properly. I still need to make a extended shift rod as well. Below are pictures before powdercoat, I apoligize again for any confusion reading this but I will be more than happy to answer any questions. Thanks
-Stew

Last edited:
I found a picture that should make what I said in the first post make more sense.
-Stew

I have the frames at the powdercoater now, and i think that i might have a triumph part # for a shift rod, I'll let you guys know how it all turns out.
-Stew

Finally finished them all up, everything fit well and works and feels great. here are the part numbers for the brake line/adapter and the shift rod.
brake parts baght from summit
brake line 657243
brake adapter 640541
shift rod off of triumph daytona 5570336-001 (bikebandit)
Finished pics

Back