shawn quintin

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 R3 classic 1997 ducati 900ss 1978 honda CB750
Been riding my 2006 R3 for a few years and its time for some fork seals.
Did i read something about a spring tool that's needed to do them.I also thought there might be a way you can change then with the forks still on the bike without any special tools?

Need to replace my fork seals as well. Going to drop the fork-legs myself and get the local Triumph shop to replace the seals , specific tools are required I've been told. Seals are $45 and been quoted an hours labour $100 - $120.

When I have had leaking fork seals I have used a clean out method that you can find on youtube. There is a company that makes a plastic tool for the job but you can cut a thin plastic piece to do the same thing.
Worked on both a Honda Valkyrie and a Honda VTX. The leak was caused by dirt getting around the seals. Worth a try unless your seals are cracked and hard. Took two tries on one but the others worked on the first try.

My seal was 'blown' by crew on the ferry to Tasmania .. they tie all the bikes down for the crossing. Pretty common for bikes to be over tightened and damage fork seals on the ferry.

A penguin was driving down the road one day when he began racing the car next to him. A few minutes later, he noticed a burning oil smell coming from his engine. He took it to his Walrus mechanic buddy who said he would look it over and get back to him in about 20 minutes. The penguin saw an ice cream shop across the street and since it was a hot day, went there to wait. He ordered a plain vanilla cone and went outside to eat it. After finishing the cone, the penguin went to check on his car. As he walked up, the walrus said, “It looks like you’ve blown a seal”. The Penguin said, “Naw, it’s just melted ice cream”…

When I have had leaking fork seals I have used a clean out method that you can find on youtube. There is a company that makes a plastic tool for the job but you can cut a thin plastic piece to do the same thing.
Worked on both a Honda Valkyrie and a Honda VTX. The leak was caused by dirt getting around the seals. Worth a try unless your seals are cracked and hard. Took two tries on one but the others worked on the first try.
Mine started leaking after having the front wheel locked in my lifts front tire vice all winter(last time for that)I think that's what did it it left a oil spot on my lift and after my first ride i spotted the leak.
I just pulled my 97 900ss out and that has one leaking as well!!!

Back