For our new members.....

OK so im taking the slackers way out but since I missed welcoming a bunch of yas here goes in one lump sum......Welcome to the best Rocket forum on the web from Florida.........;)

what he said except i am from Arizona and it is about 105 in the shade.
and i am glad i am not a big dog.

Just want to make a comment on the seat height on the Rocket III. I'm 5'7" tall with only a 29" inseam. I believe the Rocket is slightly taller in the seat than the touring model which is the one they let me try out. Anyway, the seat height was quite a bit too tall for me. I had a local shoe shop increase the height of my boots by 1" and that helped but did make it a little harder to get the shifting right for a while. I put on a corbin seat that was supposed to be 2" lower than stock seat but couldn't tell it. Finally, I found a man in Hattiesburg, MS who agreed to lower the stock seat. I told him it was critical to narrow the seat in the area where my legs would be when I come to a stop. He did as instructed and now I can stand flatfooted on level pavement. The problem is, as I see it is the seat can be lowered all you want but on my build it wouldn't help much as the seats, along with the bike frame is too wide. It throws ones legs out and this has the effect of shortening ones legs. When I stopped when the corbin seat was on my seat height was lower than my butt but that didn't help until my stock seat was narrowed. By the way, if anyone wants a new corbin seat I've got one for sale.

Hello Charles from the South. And welcone from VA. I'm glad you got your seat height issue sorted. You said they let you try the Rocket out and it sounds like your talking about the Roadster model, is that right? I so think it is slightly taller than the Touring model. WHat year is yours?

Since I havent been on much and since there are plenty of newbies popping up I just want to welcome you all to the forum. Kinda like a group hug or something like that. No, wait...Jim might take his clothes off......:eek:

I have a message for the FNG's too...welcome aboard, glad to have you...and you should feel lucky that several of us no longer practice the old ways where we gave you a complete ration of $hit when you first signed up to make sure you were worth getting to know. The kinder, gentler folk on here made us see the error of our ways so now we just say...welcome ;)

Yeah, what he said x2
I have a message for the FNG's too...welcome aboard, glad to have you...and you should feel lucky that several of us no longer practice the old ways where we gave you a complete ration of $hit when you first signed up to make sure you were worth getting to know. The kinder, gentler folk on here made us see the error of our ways so now we just say...welcome ;)

Just an update: Welcome to all the newbies on the forum. Sorry I missed the lot of you when you first posted. :confused:

Back