engine management light "on"

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
I have this light on all the time it came on when I started the engine to warmup the oil in the garage checked the manual among other thing the light means the electronic system prevent further damage by providing "limping" mode for a while
I also found my throttle would only rotate 1/8 of an inch now I checked the switch block evry which way and there are no problem there so I am left with the notion that the computer locks the throttle till the problem is cleared from the ECU anybody seen this before?

I would check the code with Tune ECU, or a standard automotive code reader. This should point you in the right direction. I don't believe the ECU has the ability to lock the throttle. Also there is no mechanism installed on the Rocket that could perform that function. Such as a balk solenoid.

Look for a mechanical jam. Could possibly be the TPS has come a part and is causing your jam.
That would also account for the engine management light. You could remove the TPS (there are 2 of them) to check for the source of the jam, but you will need Tune ECU or a dealer to readjust it after you reinstall it.

I would check the code with Tune ECU, or a standard automotive code reader. This should point you in the right direction. I don't believe the ECU has the ability to lock the throttle. Also there is no mechanism installed on the Rocket that could perform that function. Such as a balk solenoid.

Look for a mechanical jam. Could possibly be the TPS has come a part and is causing your jam.
That would also account for the engine management light. You could remove the TPS (there are 2 of them) to check for the source of the jam, but you will need Tune ECU or a dealer to readjust it after you reinstall it.

not much of a guru with computer but I have tune ecu on my computer and a cable I hope I do not screw up anything when i connect ?

Pull the head light fuse and connect a charger.
This video has helped me a lot when using the program. I would also reccomend down loading the lastest version of tune ecu before you start.

I downloaded the latest tune ecu there are two files one being the 'dll extention , yet neither will open I just do not understand why.
i tried to put them both in one folder but no joy so I connected my ride to the old 1.89 tune ecu version I also have a switch to turn off the headlight and a trickle charger on the battery yet I cannot open the file page on the computer , what I was able to see was the code for the engine management light that was on all the time . that is it could do nothing else yet again the green square was on
I give up.

Probably no help but in case you want to pull out your headlight fuse it is under the RH side cover. Looking at the ECU, it is the second big fuse to the left of the ECU. Just pull it out.

i guy
i do this on cars once and a while. take one of the battery terminals off(disconnecting all wires from terminal) then touch it to the other battery terminal.
it is what we call making the ecu brain dead. this might reset your ecu, but if you have a hard code it will not help.
while off try your throttle to see if it will work. if it doesn't your problem is not electrical.
like what was said the tps might be messed up inside or look for rocks or sticks in the linkage. hth

Of no help here but your not going to open a dll ext. Big trucks do this. They will give you just enough power to get off the road and for any reason such as low fluid levels, over heating etc...

Of no help here but your not going to open a dll ext. Big trucks do this. They will give you just enough power to get off the road and for any reason such as low fluid levels, over heating etc...

so how do you make the tune ecu software works when you see both files on the computer and when you click on either another window tells you window does not recognize this program blah blah blah ... piss on it..I ll just take the ride to the shop

Probably no help but in case you want to pull out your headlight fuse it is under the RH side cover. Looking at the ECU, it is the second big fuse to the left of the ECU. Just pull it out.
no need for that I have a bypass switch that kill the headlight whenever nedeed

Back