ECU Map(s) - warranty / dealership

Tank

Supercharged
Hey all;
My 2014 R3T will be at the dealership in a few weeks to have the TORS installed.

Should I reload the stock map before the bike goes in? I don't want my to void my warranty and I reckon it'll look fishy if I tell them not to load the TOR map.

Thoughts?

wont hurt but they will be able to tell that you have accessed the ECU as it logs activity, put a copy of your original in with a couple small changes such as "speed limiter" and "speedo correction" that way you can explain the fact that you have made changes without effecting the tune state of bike, I am fairly sure they can only see how many times ECU has been accessed not what was done

I just reinstalled the stock tune as the bike is going in tomorrow for a little warranty work and the TOR slip on install.

I rode it around the block and well the stock tune is GARBAGE!!

Hey all;
My 2014 R3T will be at the dealership in a few weeks to have the TORS installed.

Should I reload the stock map before the bike goes in? I don't want my to void my warranty and I reckon it'll look fishy if I tell them not to load the TOR map.

Thoughts?

you ever get any dealer grief regarding non standard tunes loaded during warranty ? - about to get mine dyno'ed with custom map, bike is still under triumph warranty...

I'd be interested to hear what a dealer has to say about anything other than a factory tune or one they have put on. It has been my experience that if you have issues they will look for any excuse to void any warranty work. I'd love to play around with my ECU tune, but I am not going to do it for that precise reason. I've noticed that most of the people who are big on the tunes, ride older bikes which are way off warranty. I guess I can just suffer a bit to keep my warranty intact.

I'd be interested to hear what a dealer has to say about anything other than a factory tune or one they have put on. It has been my experience that if you have issues they will look for any excuse to void any warranty work. I'd love to play around with my ECU tune, but I am not going to do it for that precise reason. I've noticed that most of the people who are big on the tunes, ride older bikes which are way off warranty. I guess I can just suffer a bit to keep my warranty intact.

I put my 14 R3R into triumph with hans0 hybrid tune and ramair fitted, had no issues with them carrying out work on it under warranty. In saying that i know the guys pretty well and they look after me.

spoke to my local dealer, who would only give a benign passive answer, the bottom line is if you burn out valves or hole a piston under warranty with custom mods inc tune, they will undoubtedly decline the claim, however if its in for unconnected warranty work then no problem. i cant wait another 1.5 years before an ecu remap.
Once the mods are on, a remap is totally necessary anyhow to correct the a/f ratio.

whats the chances of a blown engine with an a/f ratio correctly setup on a dyno to suit the mods... lower than leaving standard tune on with mods and keeping warranty

Back