Dyno tune SOLVED MPG problem

Openeoad

OpenRoad
Ride
Triumph R3R
Thanks all for the helpful information, I got a dynotune and it solved my mileage issue it was a lean mixture, I was concerned that putting in more fuel would hurt the mileage worst but that wasn't the case. So dumping in more fuel helped it to run more effectively and efficiently like the BEAST that I drove off the showroom floor. Also ADDED 6 HP & 13ft-lbs tq

image.jpg

Newer bikes are hideously lean by default....gotta keep them tree huggers happy. But it makes perfect sense that richening up a bit will HELP mileage. If you are so lean that you gotta be at WOT just to be moving....it is going to waste fuel....also with more HP and Torque, you can use higher gears at lower speeds.....that's fuel thrifty right there!

Newer bikes are hideously lean by default....gotta keep them tree huggers happy. But it makes perfect sense that richening up a bit will HELP mileage. If you are so lean that you gotta be at WOT just to be moving....it is going to waste fuel....also with more HP and Torque, you can use higher gears at lower speeds.....that's fuel thrifty right there!

Makes sense to me. Fifteen years ago I installed better pipes, upgraded air intake, and a carb rejet, and ditched the emissions junk on my roadstar. More air means more fuel, no doubt BUT I had a mpg rise. I have gotten as much as 54 mpg running on I85 @ 70 ~ 80mph.

I would like to de-restrict my R3T but yesterday in a run, I got 26.5mpg. Terrible. I wonkked on it hard a couple times though and could tell exactly where the programmed stops occurred on the throttle bodies. At 90mph the torque just fell off and the speed increase began to slow down. I ran 90 for a couple minutes so that might account for the fuel increase. I have gotten 33.5mpg in the past.

Makes sense to me. Fifteen years ago I installed better pipes, upgraded air intake, and a carb rejet, and ditched the emissions junk on my roadstar. More air means more fuel, no doubt BUT I had a mpg rise. I have gotten as much as 54 mpg running on I85 @ 70 ~ 80mph.

I would like to de-restrict my R3T but yesterday in a run, I got 26.5mpg. Terrible. I wonkked on it hard a couple times though and could tell exactly where the programmed stops occurred on the throttle bodies. At 90mph the torque just fell off and the speed increase began to slow down. I ran 90 for a couple minutes so that might account for the fuel increase. I have gotten 33.5mpg in the past.

I won't promise but you just might...if you derestrict it...find 36 to 40 being a possibility.....of course when you aren't doing qualifying runs.....

Back