Dyno of Stock bike with R3R_slip Tune

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Dyno.jpg
Here she is, exactly zero changed from stock except the tune and redline raised to 6800.

SAE Corrected numbers were 121hp/139tq
Easy way to read RPM, 60 = 2800 and every 20mph after that is roughly 1000 more rpm.

He did a 4th gear pull and a 1-5 pull. What I find impressive is how much better it pulls at high rpm vs the dynos published by magazines, where the power falls off a cliff above 5500. Also interesting, is that the bike is slightly lean, even with the fuel added by the R3R tune.

Terribly timed video from OUTSIDE the sound proof cell :( They would not let me inside to listen to the beast :/

Last edited:
Did you just do a dyno run for a benchmark, or did the dyno doctor tweak your tune a bit too?

I'm always interested in the before/after screenshots from TuneECU to learn what the optimum settings are for various bike setups.

This is the "start of life" dyno. Just so I know that the engine is working as intended (yes) and in the future, so I know where it started off.

Anyway you can do a better focused scan or photo?
Lots going on there that I'd like to see better and learn from.

Should be easier to see now :p

Ignoring the numbers, because we all know they are next to meaningless when comparing, the torque/hp curves are actually a huge improvement over the stock dynos I have seen, so thanks Power Tripp, you are the man :)

Good idea. I plan to do likewise over the coming months.

I have a modified tune that appears to be pretty good (credit to @HansO), but I would love some empirical evidence to confirm the setup. Especially air:fuel ratio.

Should be easier to see now :p

Ignoring the numbers, because we all know they are next to meaningless when comparing, the torque/hp curves are actually a huge improvement over the stock dynos I have seen, so thanks Power Tripp, you are the man :)

HUGE improvement - thanks!

So if I be reading correctly, he hit 140 mph in 4th gear?!

Tuesday i have an appointment with a guy who is going to let me tune the bike using his dyno. He will do the pulls etc, but let me do the fueling via TuneECU. Once I get the fuel totally dialed in I'll post results and the Tune. Really, PowerTripp has already done the hardest and most time comsuming part, the ignition and F-L conversion points, adjusting the maps of each to suite.

Back