Doubtless, another oil thread...

Dalan

Supercharged
Ride
2015 R3R
Will be doing 500 mile oil change. Triumph salesman suggested using Rotella T diesel oil. I have used ths in the Goldwing for the past year.

He suggested the reccomended Castrol was about ten to fifteen bucks a quart. The frankly, crap on the internet suggests you ruin your bike putting non dealer approved oils into your bike.

I have four diesel engines on the place, including a Dodge turbo Cummins. They all get Rotella. Turbochargers are hard on oil. I think using the synthetic version of Rotella would suit the Rocket.

What are you folks using? I don't mind paying for good oil, but dealers make enough as it is. I think "stealers" is the word used now and then.

Here's the Triumph-recommended Castrol on Amazon for $49 for 6 quarts. I saw it for $42 a week ago, so keep an eye on the price for a good deal. Either way, it's $7-$8 per quart, highly regarded, and recommended by Triumph.

Nearly 130,000 miles using either the Mobil (that Triumph originally recommended) or the Castrol that Triumph now recommends. I get it and the filter from my local auto parts store. All is still good and the oil still looks good after each 10,000 mile service.

Been using Rotella T6 in all my bikes including the Rocket , Racebikes and various other bikes , for the last 5 years , never a issue , never a problem.

I found the Castrol full synthetic oil for $9.99 a quart at Autozone. Bought six quarts and the slightly longer Bosch filter suggested in the filter thread.

Only averaging about 4 K miles per year, so might as well spend a couple extra dollars. My brother is talking like getting a bike again, possibly a BMW, Suzuki or Triumph adventure bike.

I never took the Goldwing to Hudson Bay in Canada with my son. Just never came together, and he is 20 now. But my brother and I are talking about it.

Wonder if the Rocket can be fitted with Goodyear Wranglers?

Nearly 130,000 miles using either the Mobil (that Triumph originally recommended) or the Castrol that Triumph now recommends. I get it and the filter from my local auto parts store. All is still good and the oil still looks good after each 10,000 mile service.
I would never go over 5000 miles with any oil no matter how good it is especially with this furnace we're riding. i've had good results with both Mobil 1 4T and Castrol too. :thumbsup:

I run Mobile 1 4T and the Mobile 1 filter. I can get them at the local auto parts store (O'Reillys or AutoZone).

bob

My interval on bikes is 3,000, unless it is pure highway miles.
You cannot hurt an engine with too frequent changes.

No indeed!
Just a waste of your money is the only downside.
I've a friend who has had his oil laboratory checked several times.
Based upon particulate count, it was actually found to be great after 8K miles and still within acceptable range 10K miles.
Just sayin' . . .

Back