Don't want to do anything special . . . just maintain to spec

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
Given the paucity of dealer support, can be good to have a greater hand in one's own destiny.

I see some discussion about how to lift the bike (since no center stand of which I'm aware -- yet the service manual repeatedly prefaces check procedures with 'ensure the bike is upright and level - WARNING - make sure the bike is fully supported lest it fall yadayadayada').

What if I'm not interested in trading tunes, but I do want to be able to diagnose the various systems that generate and store DTC ? In other words, I'd like to replicate the OBDII capability called for in the service manual.

FWIW, I just received my paper service manual that I ordered at the same time as my 2014 R3T, and the manual was a 2011 Issue 1 with a separate 2012 Issue 2 insert package that I had to remove and replace. It purports to cover all model Rockets.

I made this to hold the bike upright and also use an ATV lift (about $140 from an autoparts store) when I need to get both wheels off the ground.

IMG_0801.JPG
IMG_0806.JPG

The cheapest way to keep the RIII upright is a $20 paddock stand. Instructions for making your own are here. I no longer use the paddock stand bit but do use the bracket with a HF ATV lift and it is as solid as a rock. At least it has worked for everything i have done to the bike in the last 7 years.

Back