Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on Helix?

S Man

.020 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket III Roadster
Hi folks wondering if anyone has any experience with these pipes? They are 24" Helix slash cut(not the upswept). I am thinking of putting them on my 2013 RT3 Roadster. Would I need a tune download from the dealer? Do I need the upswept or these straight ones? My bike does have the saddle bags and rear dresser bars. http://www.motosport.com/helix-24-slash-muffler?cc=US
any help or advice would be appreciated! Thanks, Stephen

Don't know anything about the helix? If you're changing only pipes you may or may not need a new tune? Dimensions and cat removal would be determining factors and on a 2013 you're definitely removing cats since they were built in on the roadster.
Check the tuneEcu library to see if there's an aftermarket pipes on stock tune already out there?

Don't know anything about the helix? If you're changing only pipes you may or may not need a new tune? Dimensions and cat removal would be determining factors and on a 2013 you're definitely removing cats since they were built in on the roadster.
Check the tuneEcu library to see if there's an aftermarket pipes on stock tune already out there?
So the cats are in the tail pipes on my model then? I'm buying it used and there are already different looking pipes on it. I have not got to see it in person yet and wont until June since I'm buying online and having it shipped to my house in North Carolina. I'm just trying to order all the accessories now and put them on when I touch ground in June. Here are a couple of pics if you don't mind taking a look and seeing if you might know what's on it already. I may not want to change them if they sound good I just know they look a little short right now and I'm concerned how much hot exhaust will get to the saddle bags.

Attachments

• 113220764_5thumb_770x574.jpg
    113220764_5thumb_770x574.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 113220764_6thumb_770x574.jpg
    113220764_6thumb_770x574.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0661.JPG
    DSCF0661.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 2
Me .. I'd be waiting till I heard it to before buying anything. Don't look like stock Roadster mufflers to me. Wouldn't be concerned about the heat/saddlebag thing... won't be a problem.
June .. that's torture.

Me .. I'd be waiting till I heard it to before buying anything. Don't look like stock Roadster mufflers to me. Wouldn't be concerned about the heat/saddlebag thing... won't be a problem.
June .. that's torture.
Yeah I go through serious riding withdrawal while I'm working overseas so when I get home for three weeks at a time about every six months I ride my ass off! I have wanted a Rocket for 5 years now and finally got it only to find out that a lot of the accessories I was going to get are not available any more sucks!

I can't tell what they are, but they're not stock so your cats are already gone. Don't think the exhaust heat will be a problem but a slash end cap on those would be a heck of a lot cheaper and prevent that anyway? Have the dealer send you a sound clip to know if you like it or not.

I can't tell what they are, but they're not stock so your cats are already gone. Don't think the exhaust heat will be a problem but a slash end cap on those would be a heck of a lot cheaper and prevent that anyway? Have the dealer send you a sound clip to know if you like it or not.
Yeah sounds like a good idea thanks!

The silencers say for Rocket agreed but is that just pipe diameter size? Do you need adapters as the end of Rocket cans isn't straight?
I too would be inclined to wait until you got the bike as yours look as if they might make a decent sound anyway.

The silencers say for Rocket agreed but is that just pipe diameter size? Do you need adapters as the end of Rocket cans isn't straight?
I too would be inclined to wait until you got the bike as yours look as if they might make a decent sound anyway.

Yeah hopefully it wont be too hard to find a cap as I think that would look a little better, I know the dealer did say it sounded a lot better than stock and Skype keeps cutting in an out when I try to talk to him so I'll start looking at end caps as soon as I can figure out what the diameter of the pipes are. Thanks for all the help folks!

Back