Hello Duke

I would like to agree to disagree with you on some for your statements...

"useful as screen door on a submarine"....Without it ...How would they keep the minnows out!!!!:p

Yes, my old habits of using the rear brake mostly.....from the old days....drum brakes
But I still find it useful for me:eek:

Yes I have locked the front tire up on the Rocket...6 to 8 feet while pushing just a tad to much at the Dragon:eek:

If you are going to try to do a stoppie with a Rocket.....you best buy a thingie called a steering damper....and lock it down...Tight:rolleyes:

Don't know nothing about flying...But I guess ...2 things that ain't no good is....The fuel truck on the ground and the altitude above you;)

I still love my CT:D

Hello Duke

I would like to agree to disagree with you on some for your statements...

"useful as screen door on a submarine"....Without it ...How would they keep the minnows out!!!!:p

Yes, my old habits of using the rear brake mostly.....from the old days....drum brakes
But I still find it useful for me:eek:

Yes I have locked the front tire up on the Rocket...6 to 8 feet while pushing just a tad to much at the Dragon:eek:

If you are going to try to do a stoppie with a Rocket.....you best buy a thingie called a steering damper....and lock it down...Tight:rolleyes:

Don't know nothing about flying...But I guess ...2 things that ain't no good is....The fuel truck on the ground and the altitude above you;)

I still love my CT:D

I stand corrected regarding screen doors a better analogy would be "as useful as tits on a nun" and I sure would like to see a 6 feet to 8 feet lock up on the rocket front wheel video

Duke

I agree "as useful as tits on a nun" or Balls on the Pope and **** Piss Ants.

Yes I think it would have been cool to see it on video..However, On one of my favorite corners at Deals Gap which is a hard 180 to the right with the road falling away ....for water drainage.

My Son and I were riding up there when I got into that corner to hot...He was close enough to see it..he says... I did know that I locked up the front but just thought it was just for a split second....I made it through the corner and never crossed out of my lane.....A few more turns and I noticed that my Son was not behind me...I slowed and waited on him....Praying he was ...OK
Well..I saw him slowly coming up the road...so I pulled off at the next place to pull off...Wondering what had happen.......OH....HE WAS PISSED
I got my ass chewed out...Big Time....He told me under no certian terms...that if I kept riding like that ...He would not ride with me again...I said, I was just having fun.
He told me that having fun is one thing....But if I was determined to kill Fu*kin myself...He was not going watch it...I think it was the first time I had ever heard him say that word..
I promised not to play like that again.....and we both had a great time riding for the next 3 days

Joey I only had my bike 3months and I thought I was getting to know it ,started to push a bitter harder through the twisties ,I went into aright hander obviously to quickly .hit front and rear brakes hard trying to compensate for my lack of judgement . Hit the front brakes that hard the front wheel locked and skipped sideways .more arse than class I got out of that situation never been repeated since and never will be . That was one scary situation

Darkside

JUST MY OPINION.....YA THINK ? LMAO......THE VEHICLE RIDES AN HANDLES MUCH BETTER, ESPECIALLY ON WET ROADS OR HAULING ASS! MAINTAIN YOUR TIRE PRESSURE AN DONT BE AFRAID OF IT!:p

well now its july of 2015 and I am still riding on the same tire I reported back in june of 2012, crazy milage over50000 miles and going on 8 years,im watching it happen and its been so long ago I mounted this tire,ive lost track of when I mounted it. in all fairness the tire is shot,sipes on sidewall are worn thru,but it still handles very well. I mounted a 130 section bridgestone on the front and all the bad habits of the car tire are diminished. got a 245 55 16 gonna go back to a mc tire and see what ive been missing

I watched the video several times and stopped it frequently. FROM WHAT I SAW, it shows the contact patch to be no more than around 2 inches at full lean, sidewall contorted, and you can see the front tyre being pushed. My Bridgestone MT has double that and my front tyre tracks true and wears evenly from edge to edge. I repeat, this is MY OBSERVATION of the video provided.

Stripes' pic LOOKS to be a bit better but if you also look at the front tyre in that pic it LOOKS to have a 4 inch contact patch too. So what does that tell us? That pictures can be deceiving.

I've ridden behind Hanso and there's no doubting he can ride with the best of them with his car tyre. I know he runs the correct pressure (for him) and that he has no issue with handling whatsoever. But I've seen it up on the corner just as much as I've seen it with a wide contact patch. The contact with the road changes all the time. At no time could anyone with a car tyre count on there being any particular amount of tread on the road, even when travelling in a straight line. On the other hand I KNOW, no matter what angle I'm leaning, that I have at least 4 inches of purpose built Bridgestone rubber on the road.

Thanks for the "evidence". ;)
TRUE

well now its july of 2015 and I am still riding on the same tire I reported back in june of 2012, crazy milage over50000 miles and going on 8 years,im watching it happen and its been so long ago I mounted this tire,ive lost track of when I mounted it. in all fairness the tire is shot,sipes on sidewall are worn thru,but it still handles very well. I mounted a 130 section bridgestone on the front and all the bad habits of the car tire are diminished. got a 245 55 16 gonna go back to a mc tire and see what ive been missing
AND TRIUMPH will not honor your warranty with a Car Tire on your bike

AND TRIUMPH will not honor your warranty with a Car Tire on your bike
BULLSH1T!!!!!!!
I never had any problems, and for a modification to void a warranty claim it must be responsible for the failure for which you are claiming.

Back