UK DAYTONA

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph 955i Daytona, Triumph Rocket 3
Just ordered my Riken Raptor 225/55/16 can't wait to try this. I have read enough reviews to make me blind. Let's do this!!!

Some will tell you that "you will crash and burn and go up in a ball of fire" but after 44,000km I am still waiting for that to happen :D
Just run it on the softish side initially (first 100 km or 60 mile) say about 28psi get used to the slightly different feel and work the pressure. Up to find your comfort pressure, it will also depend on your weight I am 115 kg and find 28 to 30 is ideal but up it to 32 when fully loaded and towing camper

Last edited:
I'd love to know who has ever said car tyres on a motorcycle will make you crash and burn. As best as I recall people have pointed out that the beads are different and don't seat in the rim properly, that low speed handling is more of a challenge, that the extra grip and better handling claims are most likely an illusion, that front tyres get scrubbed out, that getting them fitted can be difficult and that there is the possibility that you could encounter problems with insurance and/or law enforcement. No doubt car tyres work to some degree - some say better, others say not so good - and suit certain applications and riders, but not all. Crash and burn? Only people who ever say that seem to be car tyre advocates.

Just because something fits somewhere, doesn't mean it belongs there.

Geezzzz the fish are biting well to day:roll::roll::roll::roll: actually I was quoting another's DarkSider who has used that phrase as it is meant, just a tongue in cheek comment, he is probably rolling around on the floor at this very moment after reading your predictable response :banghead:

Last edited:
Some will tell you that "you will crash and burn and go up in a ball of fire" but after 44,000km I am still waiting for that to happen :D
Just run it on the softish side initially (first 100 km or 60 mile) say about 28psi get used to the slightly different feel and work the pressure. Up to find your comfort pressure, it will also depend on your weight I am 115 kg and find 28 to 30 is ideal but up it to 32 when fully loaded and towing camper

Thought you were back running motorcycle tyres on your motorcycle Hanso .. or have you gone back to a car tyre again ?

Both ....I have two rear wheels now, I being open minded gave the Bridgestone a go and found it to be very good ... If fact I would go so far as to say Great but and there is always a but the grip when pushed was not at the same level as the Federal DS especially in damp conditions on the Clyde Mtn but also in the dry I had the Brigdy step out a couple of times while towing as well.
If I had to decide between the DS and a bike tyre I would choose the DS and it is not a milage thing with me as I was more than happy with the Bridgestones wear and I will keep one on my spare wheel so I can switch between the two, in all honesty the difference in flick ability between the two is very small but the sure footednes of the DS is so much better coming out of corners under power.
The only place I felt I really preferred the Bridgestone was at crawling pace over rutted ground but with a bit of body language the DS will behave it just needs a bit more effort which is no real biggy if you are aware of what to expect
Of course these are my Opinions and according to some ain't worth sh1t but I don't really care or give a crapper because I do not claim to be an expert but I know what feels right and what don't, I base my opinions on over 44,000km and there are some here (with similar opinions) who have done more as opposed to some that have never had one on their bike and been quoting others and so called other Experts

Back