Custom Pipes are In!

double walling those shields and ceramics work'n well for ya ? . if you can get me a real nice shot of those you may end up on the burnsstainless catalog..

cool... ya ok so i groveled and came up with obvious adjective... we 'mericans are lazy
jack really thinks those look cool and even though they arent built for "performance" he was talking about putting a pic on their catalog..

desertwOlf, I'd sure like to see a picture of you riding your bike with that unusual setup you have!

How can you be comfortable with those clubman cafe-style handlebars with floorboards and highway pegs? Either you are one heck of a contortionist or you have a very different body type.:eek:

Have you gotten a dyno pull done with those pipes yet?:cool:

sam---finally !! somebody w/ balls enuff ta do 3 straight pipes!! ha!
screw a dyno! bet tha sound is worth it. plus--non of tha dyno boys ever use all their hp anyway !! "mine is bigger"-big frkg deal!!
---caution!! --i'd tie all 3 pipes together somehow back to frame. else one of'em's gonna break off--sooner/later. and could take tha head w/ it!!!
--def. need back pressure insert--that short.
--lookin forward ta hearin new youtube throttle surge once all is well!!!
later--john

Desertwolf---not tryin ta steal ya post. but just wanna introduce 2 mo pics ta go with yo pipes.
#1--3 headed monster--corey ness bike
#2--Thausen r3 pipes--long ago.
-----my dumb azz couldn't post either here so i had ta post 'em on my
photo album. "mo than 1 way ta skin a cat!!"" ha!!

---2 thangs i know;
----back pressure cone needed.
----reinforcement on 3 straight pipes needed---preferably a bar welded on back of all 3 --then to frame somehow. i'd even put big ole thick rubber washer afore frame!!
---good luck buddy!!! and i'd sho retune afore i run her much w/ them 3 straights !!!
----will keep tuned into ya posts!! good work !!!--john

Having more choices to customize our bikes with is a good thing, so please don't get the impression that I'm interested in seeing dyno results in order to start some sort of pissing contest. Clearly this new exhaust is not intended, at least initially, to be a performance exhaust.

For those, like myself, who would be interested to know whether these pipes add or subtract power in exchange for their different styling and radically cool look, it would be a courteous and convenient thing to know. If the exhaust is going to become available commercially, this would be good info to provide so that folks can make an informed purchase.

For others that might select items for their rides based on looks alone, such information (hp & torque) is understandably unimportant.:cool:

Slaphead/ Travelguy.

That's a horny set of pipes you've got there. I'm only viewing a small pic on a 10" laptop but I had to have a second look to see the heat sheilds at all.
Is it a one piece shield from top to tail??? Looks great.

Sam. your attention to detail is exceptional. I've only ever had the pleasure of seeing 1 set of your pipes in the flesh. Not too many in Oz and none of them are anywhere near me.

Wish I knew how to enlarge forum pics to full screen. I'd love to see that workmanship up closer.

Slaphead/ Travelguy.

That's a horny set of pipes you've got there. I'm only viewing a small pic on a 10" laptop but I had to have a second look to see the heat sheilds at all.
Is it a one piece shield from top to tail??? Looks great.

Sam. your attention to detail is exceptional. I've only ever had the pleasure of seeing 1 set of your pipes in the flesh. Not too many in Oz and none of them are anywhere near me.

Wish I knew how to enlarge forum pics to full screen. I'd love to see that workmanship up closer.
That would be my set you have seen but if you join the boys from the other site on thier SA Salvo you will see two sets of the Famous Predators that Sam made his Excellent Reputation with

Back