Custom Pipes are In!

Nope, they are all independent. Started wrapping them today, but with the stomach flu I only got one of them done! Pics when they're done, and trying to get a sound clip, my phone's camera cuts out at anything of any volume, though.

Downside is they are running LEAN. They blow blue fire on decel between 2500 and 4000 RPM. Only ridden it twice since they were put on, going to save the $500 to take it to the dynotune guy before I ride it much more.

Upside? With the baffles in, the tone is nice and deep - they sound great under power and don't drone.

Don't think they'll vibrate loose with no bottom attachment?
ok, I figured they would, so that's what I want on mine, but hey,
if it works without anything,
cool.

I love the look of those and the kid in me would love to have them...
but I promised the wife that I would stop terrorizing the neighborhood when I got rid of the vtx.
I had bookmarked Stainless Headers in my wish list of getting a custom exhaust system something like desert has made.

This is some of their work...Not sure if they belonged to anyone here. But thought they would be a cool way to feed tors or D&Ds.

Cool pipes Desert! Congrats !!

I recognise that floor; I reckon that's flhtpi's bike. They're my kind of headers. Frequently eye this on off myself. Wouldn't mind his car either!

Attachments

• equal length.jpg
    equal length.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 156
Don't think they'll vibrate loose with no bottom attachment?
ok, I figured they would, so that's what I want on mine, but hey,
if it works without anything,
cool.

I agree with skip just keep an eye on them incase they crack and fall to peices from the vibration.

Yeah I know they're different bikes. Top one is flhtpi's bike I'm sure. One I posted I'm not sure where I got that pic from.

No not him the flanges are different.
definitly not the same bike or headers, apart from the flanges have a look at the colour of the motor
That is the stlye I was originally discussing with Sam but as you might notice there is no heat shields, Samexplained to me that it would be very hard to make them for this style of header and the heat would be horrific not to mention third degree burns, even with double wall heat shields my headers put out a lot of heat I 'm glad I listened to Sam but I do like that style:)

They would probably perform a bit better though because they are equal length ours are not. But I wanted the best of both worlds although I like the shape it looks like something is missing without shields .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitly not the same bike or headers, apart from the flanges have a look at the colour of the motor
That is the stlye I was originally discussing with Sam but as you might notice there is no heat shields, Samexplained to me that it would be very hard to make them for this style of header and the heat would be horrific not to mention third degree burns, even with double wall heat shields my headers put out a lot of heat I 'm glad I listened to Sam but I do like that style:)
They are similar to my headers , just got a quote from the bloke that made them for a set of heat sheilds . Reckons $200-$250 .. thought that was pretty fair price. Will be getting him to go ahead no too far down the track .. the radiated heat without sheilds is pretty brutal !!

Back