Custom Pipes are In!

With the baffles in, the "butt dyno" says no loss at all. I carried the front wheel all the way down the block this morning :eek::eek::eek:

Those pipes look just too mean! I'd love to have some so I could round them into a three into one and a big-ass megaphone!

I really don't think that this design can be improved upon, performance -wise: Carpenter Racing

Nonetheless, kudos for you efforts, desertw0lf. I'm looking forward to seeing how your setup looks on a dyno printout.

me, I'm lookin' forward to a sound file.
post it up on youtube.
Maybe two or three different ways.
Say at idle, then ride off and have somebody tape it
for about a quarter mile and lets hear it from a distance....
Bet it sounds AWESOME.......

me, I'm lookin' forward to a sound file.
post it up on youtube.
Maybe two or three different ways.
Say at idle, then ride off and have somebody tape it
for about a quarter mile and lets hear it from a distance....
Bet it sounds AWESOME.......

Do those three at night :D:D

got a question.
how have you got them attached to each other and mounted to the frame or rail.
I'd like to see the pipes un-attached and from the back side.

Nope, they are all independent. Started wrapping them today, but with the stomach flu I only got one of them done! Pics when they're done, and trying to get a sound clip, my phone's camera cuts out at anything of any volume, though.

Downside is they are running LEAN. They blow blue fire on decel between 2500 and 4000 RPM. Only ridden it twice since they were put on, going to save the $500 to take it to the dynotune guy before I ride it much more.

Upside? With the baffles in, the tone is nice and deep - they sound great under power and don't drone.

Back