Squirrel

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3
I need to buy crash bars for my '08 r3. Any suggested websites? Any advantages/disadvantages of different brands?

Well I think there is only 1 choice anymore. Get the Triumph bars, but be sure they are the newer part number with the heavy chunk of metal at the top mount. The old original bars have the bent flat steel on the top mount, you DON'T want those.

They pop up on ebay from time to time and some of the used/salvage bike websites. BTW...welcome to the forum. You may want to stop by the Introduce Yourself forum and tell us a little something about you and your bike.

Here you go , new guy: Link Removed Dunno' if these German fellas are still in business, but they sure make (or made) nice stuff. At well more than double the price of Triumph's front and rear guards, I'd go with Triumph's kit, as suggested.

Well I think there is only 1 choice anymore. Get the Triumph bars, but be sure they are the newer part number with the heavy chunk of metal at the top mount. The old original bars have the bent flat steel on the top mount, you DON'T want those.
Gotta ask why not the original bars? those look to be stronger with 3 support points on each bar as opposed 2 with the revised ones. Is it because the old ones don't look as good?

crash bars'.jpg

These are the one's I'm talking about BTW.

Gotta ask why not the original bars? those look to be stronger with 3 support points on each bar as opposed 2 with the revised ones. Is it because the old ones don't look as good?
See the difference of the two types of Triumph bar ends below. Old ones are circled (and Arrow) and are the weaker of the two anf will in time break due to fatigue due to vibration.
20130604_192511mm.jpg
DSCN9276.JPG

The old ones flexed like crazy, especially with highway pegs mounted.

See the difference of the two types of Triumph bar ends below. Old ones are circled (and Arrow) and are the weaker of the two anf will in time break due to fatigue due to vibration.
20130604_192511mm.jpg
DSCN9276.JPG
See your point, I have seen the 2 styles you have in your pics. previously. Although the one's in my pic. have different upper mounts plus 2 halves interconnect above the engine. Wondering if anyone seen those before?

Back