Coolant Overflow Tank

flhtpi

.060 Over
I just ordered 5 K&N filters for my R3. I'm going with the large angled neck filters for the throttle bodies. I know I have to relocate my coolant overflow tank so I'm going to purchase a billet overflow tank. Should I get a 18oz or 24oz tank????

Thanks

I just installed the triple K & N's and didn't change my overflow tank at all. And they fit nice and snug under the bear claw with no problems.
Are you going to leave the bear claw off? Is that the reason you are wanting to move and or change the location of the stock tank?
I have read in here that some guys said they couldn't get the bear claw back on once fitted with the new filters. That was the reason to have to cut the B/C.
I have a 06 Classic and I kinda like the sleeper look. But thats just me.

Big T

The air filters I'm installing won't fit under the bear claw. I'm sure the coolant overflow tank has to go as well. Anybody know how many oz it holds?

I am using one now that is 8.5 ounces. It fits under the tank.

This is the one quart I used under the seat.

I took the stock overflow and filled it to the min level and dumped in the one quart and marked it and then did the same with the max level mark.

Last edited:
Brian,

Can you indicate where you got your undertank expansion bottle from? as it doesn't look like you got it from your wifes bathroom cabinet.

This is the one I ordered (18oz) except I got the one with a bottom outlet. I figured the bottom outlet would draw the overflow coolant back into the radiator during cool down. I eye balled the original over flow tank and that’s the set up it has. I'm not sure where I’m going to mount it yet. Thanks for all the comments/help.

George

Last edited:
The air filters I'm installing won't fit under the bear claw. I'm sure the coolant overflow tank has to go as well. Anybody know how many oz it holds?
Wow, those filters are huge ... are they going to clear your leg?

Back