Coolant Overflow Tank Relocate

Actually it depends on where you are and whose question you're answering. ;) In this part of the world (where Ponters and I live) a quart is indeed 40oz ie 1/4 gallon or 2 x 20oz pints. But I take your point that Ponters may have wanted to know what the reference to a quart actually was.

The question really is whether a 15oz bottle is sufficient and I'd say it is given the suggestion that it needs to be 1/3 - 1/2 of a quart. That's 11-16 oz in the US or 13-20oz here

That's a flash looking unit mate. Where did you find that and how much did they sting you for it ?

haven't bought it yet... it is a billetspecialties product...$130USD. i think it is great looking and quality is great, just a matter of it working as it is 15oz...

Actually it depends on where you are and whose question you're answering. ;) In this part of the world (where Ponters and I live) a quart is indeed 40oz ie 1/4 gallon or 2 x 20oz pints. But I take your point that Ponters may have wanted to know what the reference to a quart actually was.

The question really is whether a 15oz bottle is sufficient and I'd say it is given the suggestion that it needs to be 1/3 - 1/2 of a quart. That's 11-16 oz in the US or 13-20oz here

cool, given it's a us company and us site quoting 15oz then it should work...i think...thank Richard, you're a gun.

does anyone know what the issues will be if the 15oz is not enough? or am i worrying about nothing given 15oz should be ok.? don't want to spend $150AUD on something i can't use, hence my wanting to be 100% sure.

thanks for your help guys.

It will be fine. I am using one now that is a 1/4 of a quart that fits under the gas tank so I could get my air box back for storage. Every few months I top it off. It will puke a little then all is good.

In regards to quarts = oz there are us and imperial measurements and the us oz is smaller than the imperial as far as being big enought it would, I got a 1 litre oil catch can from a auto parts shop and it works a treat but a 1/2 litre would still work, by the way 15 us oz is .443 litre and while that may be sufficient after the money you are spending on your motor I would rather have a 1 litre and play it safe if you look in my bigger is better thread you will see it fits nicely

haven't bought it yet... it is a billetspecialties product...$130USD. i think it is great looking and quality is great, just a matter of it working as it is 15oz...

cool, given it's a us company and us site quoting 15oz then it should work...i think...thank Richard, you're a gun.

does anyone know what the issues will be if the 15oz is not enough? or am i worrying about nothing given 15oz should be ok.? don't want to spend $150AUD on something i can't use, hence my wanting to be 100% sure.

thanks for your help guys.

Ant
Did you go down this track? Looking at trying the 24oz cylinder from weapon r at $60. Thought it might slot in the old spot forward of the filters? The airbox space would be good for something else. Anyone else in oz used weapon r stuff?

Back