Coolant overflow bottle

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
I purchased a coolant overflow bottle from Weapon-R, at $60 the price was right and it had a sight glass. Except it was designed by an idiot. All the fittings are on top, I expected an internal dip tube to the bottom of the tank, except there wasn't one. Once the coolant went into the tank, it could never siphon back to the radiator.

Easy fix, silicone some aquarium air hose into the fitting, cut off flush when set. I didn't cut it to length first, as I didn't want to get silicone into the hose, insert hose til it's one inch from the bottom, smear about an inch of the hose with silicon, slide in the last inch. Trim hose and excess silicone when dry.

The bike seems so huge, til you start looking for a place to mount it. I've heard of people putting them under the seat if their underseat filter is removed, but I'd like to use the sight glass, probably band it to the highway bars. Sent Weapon-R a WTF email, LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 383
You have the Coolant Catch Tank there. It does just what it is described to do, catch coolant. It is not meant to be a reserve tank.

They have the Coolant Reserve Tank (Part No 826-143-01) which is what I have on my bike. It is mounted to the front engine crash bar.

You have a really good solution, though. Plus you get the benefit of the sight tube on the side.

Aha, I see. well, my fix should work, and it's 18 oz, the 24 oz may have been tougher to find a spot for.

I remember bookmarking the Summit Racing one from someone's thread, maybe yours, but the price was a little steep, I never ordered it. I have had the K&N 2780s up til now, anyway, and a full bearclaw, but I'm now moving it to fit the 1770s, I have to angle them forward to fit under the Touring tank, so the overflow has to go, no matter what.

I remember bookmarking the Summit Racing one from someone's thread, maybe yours, but the price was a little steep, I never ordered it. I have had the K&N 2780s up til now, anyway, and a full bearclaw, but I'm now moving it to fit the 1770s, I have to angle them forward to fit under the Touring tank, so the overflow has to go, no matter what.
I Have one made by Moroso and will be mounting it tonight. no sight glass but then I need one to work not have any extra stuff thast could be messed with on th eside of it. like some Harley guy gutting the hose with his knife. I made a custom Braket to hang it on the highway bars out of 1 inch aluminum plate. Just the other night My buddy oarked his 08 Touring at the bar and soem idiots pushed it over on its side. the side opposite the kickstand so you know it ws on purpose.:mad:
Probably a Harley guy also.

Just the other night My buddy parked his 08 Touring at the bar and some idiots pushed it over on its side. the side opposite the kickstand so you know it was on purpose.:mad:
Probably a Harley guy also.

Very un-cool. I don't give a $hit if it was a Vespa. One's personal property should be respected by others

I used one from VMS and mounted it on the side of the radiator (fit perfectly into the cowling bolts). I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Still playing with the install...But that's where it's going :D Plan to match the clamp and eventually, the hose. Not sure if I'll run a drain hose or just the empty barb for overflow.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 260
  • photo 1(2).JPG
    photo 1(2).JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 275
  • photo 3(1).JPG
    photo 3(1).JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 187
I purchased a coolant overflow bottle from Weapon-R, at $60 the price was right and it had a sight glass. Except it was designed by an idiot. All the fittings are on top, I expected an internal dip tube to the bottom of the tank, except there wasn't one. Once the coolant went into the tank, it could never siphon back to the radiator.

Easy fix, silicone some aquarium air hose into the fitting, cut off flush when set. I didn't cut it to length first, as I didn't want to get silicone into the hose, insert hose til it's one inch from the bottom, smear about an inch of the hose with silicon, slide in the last inch. Trim hose and excess silicone when dry.

The bike seems so huge, til you start looking for a place to mount it. I've heard of people putting them under the seat if their underseat filter is removed, but I'd like to use the sight glass, probably band it to the highway bars. Sent Weapon-R a WTF email, LOL.

G'day mate, I have the 18oz and I cut the top fitting off, found an old air fitting and tug it on the bottom to match the hose size from the radiator..would you like photos..?

Back