coolant change/flush

veemax

Supercharged
Ride
05 r3s, 92 vmx, 75 yam xs bobber, 64 triumph tr6
hello rocket people, now im no mechanic by any means, but i can do the basic ****, and have, but my ole rocket is now almost 11 yrs old and holy **** i realized shes still got the original antifreezzz in her, i swear thats the only thing i have forgot about. bought in july 04. 64 k miles. so is this a simple drain and refill or is a flush in order. is there a flush kit, or is this an easy procedure. i like easy. coolant should last a long time i figure, thats my excuse, after all its like a **** car engine isnt it?!! thanks..........scott

excuse my ignorance and thanks for the tips but i have never "flushed" a coolant system, drain and refill i get! do you stuff a garden hose in the radiator mouth?:eek: and let er rip? water has to be flushed through the engine yes? thanks for your patience

Any Aluminum safe glycol based antifreeze should be fine. I had trouble finding Mobil Antifreeze as recomended in the Triumph owners handbook . Coolanol is what i use it's also made by Exxon-Mobil.

Last edited:
hello rocket people, now im no mechanic by any means, but i can do the basic ****, and have, but my ole rocket is now almost 11 yrs old and holy **** i realized shes still got the original antifreezzz in her, i swear thats the only thing i have forgot about. bought in july 04. 64 k miles. so is this a simple drain and refill or is a flush in order. is there a flush kit, or is this an easy procedure. i like easy. coolant should last a long time i figure, thats my excuse, after all its like a **** car engine isnt it?!! thanks..........scott

After a lot of reading I decided to use Zerex G-05 Pre-Diluted and it seems to be working fine.

thanks for the advice, thats what ill pour in her. scott

Best i be having a crack at this on the weekend , 4 years and 60000 klm think she needs a new drink.

Back