Cool noises when turning bike off

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
No real technical difficulties here but I've noticed that after I turn the bike off with the key, it makes some cool mechanical noises coming from the left side of the motor... I was just curious as to what the bike does after 10-15 seconds of being turned off that these noises happen. Fuel pump purging? Stepper motors resetting?

No real technical difficulties here but I've noticed that after I turn the bike off with the key, it makes some cool mechanical noises coming from the left side of the motor... I was just curious as to what the bike does after 10-15 seconds of being turned off that these noises happen. Fuel pump purging? Stepper motors resetting?

Must be a Triumph thing. it also does this with my son's Street triple.

throttle plates moving?
i would think that you could watch the secondaries,the stepper motor and find out what moves.

On my Buells it was the fuel pump. Can't remember why, something along the lines of presurizing in anticipation of a hot start to help prevent vapor lock.

It makes the same noise when you turn the power on (more or less). My totally unscientific guess is the fuel pump.

It also ticks a lot after a ride from the hot metal.

It makes the same noise when you turn the power on (more or less). My totally unscientific guess is the fuel pump.

It also ticks a lot after a ride from the hot metal.
Replace the standard exhaust system. And your ticks will just about dissappear.

Back