Converting Roadster over to Classic Footboard kit - QUESTIONS!!

cadconversions

Sr. Pastor, iLive Church
Ride
2012 R3R
Okay, so I picked up a "Classic Footboard kit - A9758081" from eBay this week and I'm starting to go over the parts. Everything was supposed to be included in the kit from a dealer and I know I'm already missing a few small items - that I can pull from the Roadster controls but will ask them to replace them anyway since I paid full retail for the kit.

However, I now have a few questions. I have the angled floorboards and it appears that the sidearms will keep the bottom of the footboards just slightly (very slightly) below the height of my peg mounts. This also is the kit with the large break pedal.

However when I look at the gear selector side - I have a fairly flat gear selector compared to my angled floorboards. Enough that there is no way you can ever fit a toe under the selector and I doubt seriously if you can click down on the heel and it not hit the rails before you get shifted up. It also doesn't appear to match the gear selector on the parts diagrams but those are really hard to find and confirm for certain.

Does anyone have some pics of the gear selector from a standard floorboard vs a classic angled floor board?

Many more questions to come I'm sure but I've bookmarked the other post on this subject and plan to use this as a comprehensive list of steps for the swap.

Thanks for your help and insights!

It appears that I have the same floorboard angle as @HansO from his pic:

full

With the exception of the large brake pad...

However, when I look at his gear selector side... My gear selector connects from the front of the lever back to the actuator... This is completely opposite setup from his bike - so I'm pretty sure they sent me the wrong gear selector

full

The Roadster looks like it has Classic rails while the picture of Hanso's look like standard rails they are up higher it more noticeable if you compare the brake side. look at the down angle on the rails right behind the floor boards you see more on Hanso's less on the Roadster.

That's what I'm thinking for sure. Looks like I have Standard Rails with Classic parts... UGHHH... guess I'll call them in the morning to discuss the auction. I think they will help - so far they seem to be a GREAT dealer with just the auction items so far.

Okay, got a call into the dealer and they are researching and calling me back. Looks like I'm going to need a new shifter if I keep the standard rails (A9733506) and maybe a new brake lever. I really like the large "car like" brake pad but that came with the kit but I'm not for sure it will engage before the top of the footboard and the only way I'll know is to do the entire install... A little too much trouble to discover the issue later!

So far, the dealer out of Michigan has been a total class act and I'm sure will come through. I've ask that they send the correct gear lever and brake lever and we will call it even. The "complete" kit was also to include a new side stand lever but I don't think I need a new one.

Okay, got a call into the dealer and they are researching and calling me back. Looks like I'm going to need a new shifter if I keep the standard rails (A9733506) and maybe a new brake lever. I really like the large "car like" brake pad but that came with the kit but I'm not for sure it will engage before the top of the footboard and the only way I'll know is to do the entire install... A little too much trouble to discover the issue later!

So far, the dealer out of Michigan has been a total class act and I'm sure will come through. I've ask that they send the correct gear lever and brake lever and we will call it even. The "complete" kit was also to include a new side stand lever but I don't think I need a new one.
You might not need the side stand because of the angle on the standard rails but do not get rid of her as I have a complete Classic floor board kit I bought used from Blue Marlin but it did not come with the side stand. If you do not need it I will take it off your hands.

If you do not hear from them give Andy at NCY a call he will find the answer out. My bet is the standard floor board kit was just the floor boards as the rials hold the master cylinder so no other parts would be needed the same with the shifter. I am on second shift tomorrow so I will see if I have the linkage rods are the same between the standard and classics. I hope so as I did not get them with the kit either.

Back