Comparison of 12 separate 7-inch LED headlight reflectors.

cr0ft

Living Legend
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
Not sure if this is koscher here but it's not really an ad as such, it's a comparison of 12 7-inch headlights that I found to be very very interesting.

It is relevant for the Touring riders, these should all be drop-in replacements (more or less, depending on how deep the reflector is, some might be hard to fit).

The numbers when they measured lux were very surprising for me, especially the Truck-lite which is dirt cheap nowadays.

Last edited:
According to this video Truck Lite has the highest Lux rating, which I can attest to. I've had Truck lite head and driving lights for over a year. They may not look as high tech as the other models, but I sure can see what's ahead of me. They're also comparatively inexpensive.

Yeah, though it's worth noting that the Truck-lite has a very small and sharp hotspot and they measured that hotspot specifically on all of them (you can find individual tests of these 12 lights on their channel as part of this roundup). It's a great light for the price, without question, though. For my money, it's that, the JW Speaker or the Vision X.

Unless you spend even more on the new JW Speaker 8790 adaptive.

Croft, these videos are a very good way to compare the high end units to each other & yes, they are impressive if you want to spend the money. Yes the truck lites are a great alternative at a more affordable price range. I wish they were offered in the 5 3/4 version.
BUT, this comparison of the high end lamps vs the Chinese copies is not an accurate comparison. The Chinese units he showed are not anything like the ones I got or the ones @Ishrub or @Claviger installed on on their bikes. He showed one that had an extremely large backing cup, crappy wires that wouldn't stay in, moisture screws on the back cup???, & the LED's and reflectors were nothing like the ones we have, the light pattern - ditto - nothing like these

So I'm not trying to argue with you that they are the same, just the in the videos, the only real true comparison was between the hi end units themselves. Not with the fakes.

But thank you for the research! It makes me really jones for a pair of those Vision X's :notworthy: :cool:

According to this video Truck Lite has the highest Lux rating, which I can attest to. I've had Truck lite head and driving lights for over a year. They may not look as high tech as the other models, but I sure can see what's ahead of me. They're also comparatively inexpensive.

FYI -
Only the high beam was tested higher than the Speaker.
Low beam (the most common usage) was less than the Speaker. :D

Again I ask, Are any of these headlights coming to RAA XI in Spearfish? :D

Last edited:
FYI -
Only the high beam was tested higher than the Speaker.
Low beam (the most common usage) was less than the Speaker. :D

Again I ask, Are any of these headlights coming to RAA XI in Spearfish? :D
For US$85 each delivered you could buy two to take along, test in public with a couple of crocodile clips to a 12 battery or really impress and use your 12v accessory output, and then sell for $100+ each :sneaky::ninja:;)

Last edited:
For US$85 each delivered you could buy two to take along, test in public with a couple of crocodile clips to a 12 battery or really impress and use your 12v accessory output, and then sell for $100+ each :sneaky::ninja:;)

So there are Jewish folks in OZ! :eek: :roll: :p
That there is a good idea, but I won't have the room to cart those to Spearfish on my motor. :(

Back