BiancoS3

Standard Bore
Hi All,
Since new my 08 R3T clutch has made a rumbling noise while the engine is idling with the clutch lever out. When I pull the clutch lever in (to put the transmission in gear) the noise stops, the bike runs and shifts fine. I'm getting close to the end of the warranty period and was a little concerned. I did a search and saw that another member experienced the same noise but the thread did not say what the outcome was. I would greatly appreciate feedback or if anyone else has experienced this. Many thanks!

Thanks Guys! I've never experienced this noise with any of my other bikes but as we all know the R3 is special!:)

I just picked um my new (4000 miles) 08 R3 touring yesterday. Needless to say I was on it for most of the day and night. Same noise. I think the Honda Sprit I have makes the same noise but it is in pieces right now so I can't confirm. Glad it's normal.

its just the lifter piece rattling around in the lifter shaft do to plenty of freeplay which is supposed to be 2-3 mm when the newer style lifter piece has a larger diameter head which cutts down on this. She will be fine if your sure its comming from the clutch which it sounds like your right. take and pull a little bit on the handle just enough to remove the free play and not pull on the clutch itself. If it goes away then it is the lifter piece rattling you'll be ok.

Back