CvSisinthehouse

Supercharged
For the last couple of rides, my clutch has been acting up. Its impossible to go from 1st to 2nd with one click, it always takes 2. There seems to be dead spots between some of the high gears, meaning that I was in like 4th or 5th gear, try to downshift one or 2 gears and I feel it slip out of gear, but the neutral light doesn't come on. I let the clutch out slow as I come a red light and nothing happens. It also seems to slip out of gear on its own. Finding neutral is very tough also. Do I just need some adjustment on a cable? or something more costly?

thanks Captains

Make sure your clutch is correctly adjusted as per the manual. If it is, then it's probably the detent spring. That is a reasonably easy fix, about 4 hours labour and just a few inexpensive parts.

I have the special tools. The only one you really need is to hold the clutch basket as you remove and reinstall it. However, if you have a windy gun then you can even do it without that tool.

Detent.
Lost mine in Arkansas.
Your looking at about $200.00 thru bikebandit.
That inclides
I have the special tools. The only one you really need is to hold the clutch basket as you remove and reinstall it. However, if you have a windy gun then you can even do it without that tool.

Photo of a "windy gun" please?

I sure hope this is the problem because it is the easier fix. The problem here is since it is a 06 has it had a update kit in it which has a new detent wheel. The old one was a solid disc where as the new ones area roller bearing used as the detent wheel.

So just to ask has the bike had the update kit?

Detent.
Lost mine in Arkansas.
Your looking at about $200.00 thru bikebandit.
That inclides

Photo of a "windy gun" please?
2161xp_3_4_pistol_grip_impactool_main.jpg

Back