Clock and Fuel Gauges Sealing Problem?

TRIUMPHANT

Dazza VFFV
Ride
2009 Rocket 3, 1987 Heritage Softail
Noticed yesterday after relocating the fuel gauge and the clock gauge to accommodate the fly screen that the two gauges have at the top a gap of about 3mm for about three inches of the circumference where the outer cover of the gauge meets the rim of the dial.

I pulled each gauge apart and spent two hours trying to firm this up unscrewing and re-screwing, adjusting the way the internal wiring looms went etc. only to find that I had wasted 2 hours ;-(

There is a thin small seal but with a roughly 3 mm gap between the gauge cover, the seal and the face ring, she will definitely let water in when she goes through rain or washing the bike.

Anyone had this or see this before?? Any ideas as to a remedy or a return job?

Picture attached..

Cheers Dazz

Attachments

• Gauge Gap.jpg
    Gauge Gap.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 3
Something wrong here. that gap shouldn't be so big, but not sure why it is like that. The seal on mine popped out once but I managed to get it back in and sealing properly. It looks flimsy but works if seated correctly.

that is definitely not right mins has not gap. It could be when you took it apart to adjust the mount you have the adjusted travel more then the gauge will allow for the cover to go completely back on. I remember this from installing mine. Also even with the cover completely back on I would not drown her with direct water when washing or you will be also replacing the light bulbs in the gauge. Of course once you get it mounted right it will be years before you have to do more then set the clock twice a year or when you pull the battery out.

It shouldn't be like that. It is a pain to get back together, but it should sit neatly with no gap.

Thanks for tips guys ...will have a look when I get home from work...didnt think about that internal adjustment...will check that..thanx

Back