Changes between 2014 and 2015 model year Roadsters?

ltwm3

Standard Bore
Ride
ZX11
Hey folks, I'm looking at a new 2014 Roadster that's heavily discounted, its black gloss with the red stripes. I really want 2015 with the matte finish, but for the 3000 more it would be, it's not really worth it since I can just have the panels painted for less than a grand. So my honest question is, what changed between the 2014 and 2015 years other than the paint options? I don't want to kick myself later for not getting a 2015 if there has been any other changes that I would have liked.

Thanks ya'll!

-John

First of all, welcome to the forum. If you get a chance, drop in to the Meet the Members and let us all know a bit about you and give us all a chance to say g'day.

I don't think there are too many changes in the 2015 model, if any at all. I purchased an old stock bike when I bought mine and have always been happy with it, and the big discount. :) If your Triumph dealer couldn't tell you of any changes or upgrades then there probably aren't any worth worrying about.

I have reviewed the available info and there is no change that I can discern. Maybe the gloss black/red will grow on you, especially for the difference in price... I've got a 2014 Roadster in that color combo and love it, even more after I removed the passenger pad.

No change between 2014 and 2015, including colour options. The dealer just wants to sell the one he has on the floor.

Buying last year's model is a great way to bring the cost down, especially since the Rocket models rarely change. The "major" teething problems were sorted out during the first few years, these days the differences are pretty minor. There are some, still - between 2010 and 2014, for instance, the in-fill panel behind the motor on the right side of my Touring has changed location for whatever reason... probably happened when they started making an ABS version, even the non-ABS one got some minor changes as a result.

Personally, I'd jump at it, especially since black with red stripes looks classier than matte black... :p

Though if it doesn't have ABS, and you can afford it, get a 2015 with ABS. ABS can save your life, especially on a bike this size.

Back