Changed plugs. Now won't turn over.

slidderhd

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 R3T
I change the spark plug to NGK spark plugs. After putting motorcycle back together, I held the starter button down and it just bumped the starter and stopped. I am running the beaver relay and had to disconnect the ground. Do you think a bad ground might cause this?

Also, when I take off the speedometer and have the gas tank lifted can I start the bike that way?

you might want to use caution something might have fallen into the cylinder or to long of a spark plug.
you can use a volt meter to check voltages. also make sure neutral with clutch lever in.
when i lift my tank i take out the rear bolt then move the tank around the speedo and then stick the bolt back in.
you can start with tank up for test purposes. you have to have a good ground to start. even though the bolt is tight the terminal could be loose.
if you have your volt meter on the main fuse and try to start if you drop below 10 volts you may have a low bat.
hth

I was unable to start my R3T with the speedometer disconnected.
It also registered a CAN-BUS error and illuminated the check engine light for a while.

Scott

I raised the tank, plugged in the Speedo. That gave it power to try and start, but no go. So I went old-school and tapped on all the relays under tank. That did it. She's purring like the beast she is. I installed the IRIDIUM (spelling) plugs. I also put battery on charge over night. The cold May have made her a little weak.

Back