Change Those Fuel Filters

dobro

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
My R3T has only 18,000 miles on it but in attempting to find the cause of a miss I told the mechanic to change the fuel filter for me, which he did (I supplied the filter based on a recommendation by powertripp and it only cost about 5 bucks). The mechanic told me that the filter he removed was "restrictive" due to dirt but the 2 "cleanable" filters in the fuel system were not dirty. Was the dirty filter the cause of the miss? I can't be sure of the part it played in the problem because he also found that the airbox was not tightly seated on 2 of the throttle bodies. But this rocket is, at last, perfect!

My R3T has only 18,000 miles on it but in attempting to find the cause of a miss I told the mechanic to change the fuel filter for me, which he did (I supplied the filter based on a recommendation by powertripp and it only cost about 5 bucks). The mechanic told me that the filter he removed was "restrictive" due to dirt but the 2 "cleanable" filters in the fuel system were not dirty. Was the dirty filter the cause of the miss? I can't be sure of the part it played in the problem because he also found that the airbox was not tightly seated on 2 of the throttle bodies. But this rocket is, at last, perfect!
How much did that cost you? i think i need to replace my filters

Filters are about $5-$20 at your local parts store, or $55 at your Triumph store. You should be able to do it in less than an hour. It is easier with a (nearly) empty tank than with a full one.

I used the Wix #33032 which Amamzon sells for $5.63 delivered. The mechanic charged an hour of labor. I also had him clean the fuel pump strainer (part# T1240330) and the fuel pump baffle (part# T2401843).

Think i messed up. had the dealer order it and they will charge me 1.5 hrs to install it:{

Back