ces pipes for the touring rocket 3 question

asteriskmonkey

.020 Over
Ride
rocket 3 touring 2011 model
Does anyone have these pipes / headers fitted to there Rocket 3 touring, im trying to research them a bit, the company has been really good in sending me pictures and options and stuff.

Ive never heard these, cant seem to find a youtube video with them in :/

My main concern being if i swap the headers am I going to burn my leg with my highway pegs.

Any input greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Does anyone have these pipes / headers fitted to there Rocket 3 touring, im trying to research them a bit, the company has been really good in sending me pictures and options and stuff.

Ive never heard these, cant seem to find a youtube video with them in :/

My main concern being if i swap the headers am I going to burn my leg with my highway pegs.

Any input greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

CES was also very helpful when I contacted them at the start of my quest for a better exhaust. I decided that I would pursue Reband instead. They were also very helpful and eventually found a R3T to try the pipe on and reported back that the Reband would not work on the tourer. Haven't heard back about the exact reason but I suspect that the angle of up sweep on the silencer is too much for it to fit under the bag and support. If I had to guess from looking at all the pictures of the CES system that I could find, I suspect that will also be the case with their pipe.

If you take a good look at our stock setup with the bags removed, the axle nut is just about at the center line of the muffler. Both the Reband and CES systems look a lot higher up and angled to me.

I sure wouldn't order one unless they could show me a picture of one installed on a tourer and that might take them a while to provide. According to Olivia at Reband the R3T is a pretty rare animal down under. Reckon the place is pretty much infested with Roadsters though! :thumbsup:

I'm sure CES would make one that did fit if you could organise a bike for them to use. They make small heat shields now that might save your jeans when using Hyway pegs.

I would think there'd be no problem, especially if you just got the headers. They're made to align exactly with the standard pipes and can be used with standard pipes or TORS or anything else that fits to the stock header if you get them made with that size outlet. I also recall that @1olbull had his made specifically with a flatter muffler alignment to fit under his bags. The stock headers themselves have the same part number(s) as the Standard/Classic. The only differences I can see between all the models is the way the stock head shielding is attached. Only problem with the Touring would be with the mounting points for the muffler.

I'm sure CES would make one that did fit if you could organise a bike for them to use. They make small heat shields now that might save your jeans when using Hyway pegs.
I know from personal experience if you could find a Touring owner up in QLD that would allow Trev to have it for a couple of days He would be able to get it just the way it is needed to suit your low slung system under the bags and I would not stick to the Std mufflers get a full system so you get the Full benefit from the Much better flowing headers as reducing them back at the end of the headers to fit the Standard size crossover and mufflers will cause some restriction

CES was also very helpful when I contacted them at the start of my quest for a better exhaust. I decided that I would pursue Reband instead. They were also very helpful and eventually found a R3T to try the pipe on and reported back that the Reband would not work on the tourer. Haven't heard back about the exact reason but I suspect that the angle of up sweep on the silencer is too much for it to fit under the bag and support. If I had to guess from looking at all the pictures of the CES system that I could find, I suspect that will also be the case with their pipe.

If you take a good look at our stock setup with the bags removed, the axle nut is just about at the center line of the muffler. Both the Reband and CES systems look a lot higher up and angled to me.

I sure wouldn't order one unless they could show me a picture of one installed on a tourer and that might take them a while to provide. According to Olivia at Reband the R3T is a pretty rare animal down under. Reckon the place is pretty much infested with Roadsters though! :thumbsup:
As a side note, Reband told me a couple weeks ago that they're developing a complete 3-2 dual exhaust system (for the Roadster... maybe it fits the Tourer?) that should be ready to go to production at the end of August. I've been shopping around for a full dual system without luck yet. True, you can buy headers, a new crossover, and mufflers separately, but that's more expensive and I'd prefer a matched system.

Ive emailed CES asking for some additional details. They Charge in AUD which is like peanuts after conversion from usd, seems a really good buy even for there full systems (there quoting around 2k aud).

Ill post back when i hear back, hopefully this helps some other people out too.

Ive emailed CES asking for some additional details. They Charge in AUD which is like peanuts after conversion from usd, seems a really good buy even for there full systems (there quoting around 2k aud).

Ill post back when i hear back, hopefully this helps some other people out too.
We are not Monkeys and our currency isnt peanuts !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Where can I go to see these "small heat shields" for the CES?

Back