desertw0lf

.060 Over
I have an 07 Classic.
Trying to get it back on the road after a minor wreck trashed my custom exhaust.
I've got a set of TORS pipes on hand but in need of a cat delete unit to finish it. Dang things are expensive though and money is tight right now.

Has anyone fabricated their own cat delete unit? I figured i could mig something up... just curious as to the pipe sizes on the box itself and if anyone has done it if they've got any helpful tips.

If you have the pipes and your headers than you have the pipe sizes for the crossover. You just have to measure them. There's a few pics floating around of Triumph and other cat deletes you could copy. Happy to send you a pick of a Staintune "bugle" one if you want, but good luck copying it.

Here's a picture of Dave Platt's cat bypass so you can see what's involved:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335943355&icep_item=271861887909

I will probably just end up finding a used cat box on fleabay and putting it on just to get the bike on the road.

Cannot find any stores online that have the cat bypass in stock, and the one Ebay auction that is up is going to be over 400 after shipping. :( Can't afford that.

Does anyone know if the TORS, Triple K&N, Cat Delete TuneECU tune will work fine with the cat installed? I can't seem to find one that is TORS, Triple K&N, with stock Cat Box, Secondaries removed..

Last edited:
I will probably just end up finding a used cat box on fleabay and putting it on just to get the bike on the road.

Cannot find any stores online that have the cat bypass in stock, and the one Ebay auction that is up is going to be over 400 after shipping. :( Can't afford that.

Does anyone know if the TORS, Triple K&N, Cat Delete TuneECU tune will work fine with the cat installed? I can't seem to find one that is TORS, Triple K&N, with stock Cat Box, Secondaries removed..

Dave Platt's isn't an auction. That's just how he sells his stuff. If you get a cat on ebay, try to.get an empty one. I forget what stamp on them indicates that.

I've got my old cat box, you're welcome to have (otherwise it'll go in the dump when I move). It's heavy though, so not sure what shipping will cost via USPS?

I've got my old cat box, you're welcome to have (otherwise it'll go in the dump when I move). It's heavy though, so not sure what shipping will cost via USPS?

Thanks. I have found one locally that was a pull off.

Now I just need to find the right tune for Tors, (with cat), triple K&N

Thanks. I have found one locally that was a pull off.

Now I just need to find the right tune for Tors, (with cat), triple K&N
I'm looking for a similar tune. Please keep me in mind if you find one and I'll do the same.
I did message HansO but he is travelling but if I find something I'll share the tune with you. I also have a 2007 Rocket 3 Classic, tourer version. Using TOR's with a cat and a drop in K&N filter until I receive my Ramair.

Cheers,
Falcon

Back