Has anyone done a cat delete on a touring? What all is done? What are the advantages/disadvantages?
Thanks.
G'day JCB if you Fit a pair of TORS silencers (Mufflers) they don't have Cats in them and you get a better note and exhaust flow ,plenty of info on this option on previous threads, note you are advised to have your engine management system remapped if you do fit Tors also plenty of threads in this
Cheers

I did D&D slip ons little louder than TORS, BUT not enough to make the neighbors complain. Check out my threads on this. Search under, new D&D slipons installed today. Hope this helps.

Hello and welcome to the site.

The cats on the Touring are in the mufflers, the box underneither is empty.
You are correct and I am presently working on a crossover pipe for aftermarket mufflers and one for OEM mufflers which will also work with the TORS. Also think it may work on Roadster waiting for OEM supplies to arrive. I will keep updating as time permits. I have pictures and a short video on another thread and you-tube. PM for more information.

Are there cats on a 2006 classic with Tors?
If I'm not mistaken the TORS mufflers don't have cats in them. Or does the classic have the cats in the cross-over? If in cross-over then just changing the mufflers does not affect the cats.

Are there cats on a 2006 classic with Tors?
Your 06 May have a a cat in the box underneath .. Some do some don't depending where it was built for the Aussie one had empty box, but your best solution to make sure is to buy the OEM cat delete it will improve the note as well, the box even if empty is still like another muffler and causes some restriction

Funny thing about the older bikes. That big cat box under the bike is so restrictive you can leave the mufflers off and it is almost just as quiet.

On my 2011 Touring when I fitted the TORS I started the bike up with the box in place and no mufflers and it sounded loud and like an old tractor with a cracked manifold absolutely horrible ,I couldn't even tempt myself to give it once around the block to "clear out the cob webs" not much restriction there ,but a bi pass may be on the list to get a bit of a exhaust flow improvement ,has anyone fitted a bi pass and TORS :unsure:.

Back