Carpenter vs Supercharger vs Turbo

Nick Edge

.020 Over
Ride
Yamaha Warrior 1700
How's it going guys? Got a question for you all.

Did some reading on each, and all sound good.

But what I want to know is in terms of bang for buck, and ease of installation (I'd love to take it to Carpenter but that wouldn't be possible due to the distance, gladly I have the know how to do it).

I really kind of want a do it all with the bike. Bags and windshield that can be put on for long distance, but also take them off and have fun and power around town.

If I want to play with other bikes/cars are those extra revs from the carpenter going to be best, or is the constant power of the supercharger a better choice?

And does the turbo give any advantage over either?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. Also the bike in interested in is the Roadster

I think your first question should be if I go any of these routes who is going to tune the bugger? I have never tried a turbo so I can not speak to it longevity. I how ever have had the supercharger and the Carpenter kit, and I have a mixture of Carpenter and the Supercharger. All three are a little different but the mixture sports more power everywhere. I just did almost 2000 miles on the Carpenter bike and can say I loved being able to fuel up anywhere with 87 octane. If I had had the blower bike I would have been searching for 93 octane in Arkansas which was few and far between it seems like they use a lot of 91 octane instead. So I would be carrying octane booster with me just in case.

All kits are not plug and play so to speak so if your not close enough to have a tech look at it when you have problems your learning a whole lot of stuff to keep her up.

There is a local shop that does pretty good dyno tuning. They are a seller of PCV and I had them do my current bike.

Anything special about the R3 when it comes to tuning, or just like every other bike?

Also I saw the 210 package only goes to 7000, but the 240 goes to 9k. Are the cams that different or what?

Not sure about the cams, probably different, the pistons are different.

There is a local shop that does pretty good dyno tuning. They are a seller of PCV and I had them do my current bike.

Anything special about the R3 when it comes to tuning, or just like every other bike?

Also I saw the 210 package only goes to 7000, but the 240 goes to 9k. Are the cams that different or what?
The 210 is the head work and big cams 240 add the pistons to it.

PCV is good especially for controlling boost fueling but you will need to get at the timing either by adding the power commander stuff or use the tuning software out there. Carpenter uses PCV and Tune Boy as they are the ones who make High rpm maps. To be honest with you I would first get one as you will be amazed with the power stock and you do not want to void the warranty. After that then go nuts!!!!!

I'll definitely have to see, because I was going to buy 2 bikes to take care of my want for a touring bike and a fast bike (Kawasaki voyager and zx14r) but I think a built rocket iii with luggage I can take on and off would fit both those roles pretty good. And be a good bit cheaper! Ha

210 kit would have standard valves as you would not want to rev them much past 7000RPM.

How's it going guys? Got a question for you all.

Did some reading on each, and all sound good.

But what I want to know is in terms of bang for buck, and ease of installation (I'd love to take it to Carpenter but that wouldn't be possible due to the distance, gladly I have the know how to do it).

I really kind of want a do it all with the bike. Bags and windshield that can be put on for long distance, but also take them off and have fun and power around town.

If I want to play with other bikes/cars are those extra revs from the carpenter going to be best, or is the constant power of the supercharger a better choice?

And does the turbo give any advantage over either?

Sorry if this has been discussed before. Also the bike in interested in is the Roadster

Hi, go for the Carpenter 240, got that, Works fine, very fast.

Back