Can Triumph Leather 3 Buckle bags be quick detachable?

RocketFuture

.020 Over
Ride
2008 R3 Classic, 2004 1100 Yamaha Classic
I'm looking to get some luggage for my R3 Classic and am thinking about the leather Triumph brand bags that I see on so many Rockets. I really want them to be quick detachable so I can pull them off and carry into hotel on trips. Will these work with Easy Brackets or some other similar system. I would plan on putting in the nice inserts that one of the fellow members makes so they would keep their shape and look sharp for years to come. Any other suggestions are welcome too. Thanks!

I'm looking to get some luggage for my R3 Classic and am thinking about the leather Triumph brand bags that I see on so many Rockets. I really want them to be quick detachable so I can pull them off and carry into hotel on trips. Will these work with Easy Brackets or some other similar system. I would plan on putting in the nice inserts that one of the fellow members makes so they would keep their shape and look sharp for years to come. Any other suggestions are welcome too. Thanks!
I put Easy Brackets on those bags on my first Rocket. You need to do something to cover the original mounting holes. Have you considered other bags? E.g., Leatherlyke, Cs4, Viking.

I agree with @dougl.
The Triumph bags are very small.
If you are going to panniers, why not get the most bang (room) for the buck?
Ande save some do-re-me as well!

I sort of made mine quick detachable by drilling holes in the back of them where the mounting bolts go through to the metal pannier frames to the bike frame. Use capscrews and the whole thing can be taken off in about five minutes. Hope the descriptions clear? Cant put up pics right now sorry as at other end of country.

Oh also the bags are pretty crappy IMO and deform badly, mine look like sacks of potatoes. Theres some sort of kit that holds them in shape but its too late for mine and a few months ago I snagged the middle buckle on a trailer I was riding by and tore it off:mad:. Will need some new bags soon methinks

Oh also the bags are pretty crappy IMO and deform badly, mine look like sacks of potatoes. Theres some sort of kit that holds them in shape but its too late for mine and a few months ago I snagged the middle buckle on a trailer I was riding by and tore it off:mad:. Will need some new bags soon methinks
Snagged while riding? That is a scary thought. I watched two buddies ALMOST go down when one rode up next to the other to fist bump out on the highway. Both have the bag guards around their bags and these momentarily hooked together. Both bikes wobbled and then separated. The guy on the left (the one moving up) did some pretty cool back and forth jinking into the oncoming lane but recovered. I jokingly tell new riders that while riding, avoid contact with other objects.
I’m glad just your bag was damaged @sleeves

You may want to check out Leatherup.com for some alternate bags at very low prices. I have some and they are excellent quality. I have also bought other items from them and the quality has always been good.

EZ Brackets should work with any of them.

You may want to check out Leatherup.com for some alternate bags at very low prices. I have some and they are excellent quality. I have also bought other items from them and the quality has always been good.

EZ Brackets should work with any of them.
Thanks for all the advice everyone it sure is a help to get info from others that have already "been there and done that". I had thought since I see those bags on so many bikes that they were the ones that worked the best. Sounds like I shouldn't get in too big of a hurry to get the Triumph bags and look around more at others especially since I would probably like to have pretty good sized bags. Thanks again everyone for all the info!!!

Back