Cam Cover gasket...

Good thing its still in warranty.... Don't mention the track day.... Just saying.
Gasket Part # T1260079 @ $27.25 from NCY Motorsports + Shipping (I just Bought one for a project)

Thanks for that info mate...better be a warranty job or I'll be writing a stern email hahaha

....it blew on Saturday morning when i was heading on a run down south but i did make sure i'd pulled the Barbagallo sticker off the front fender before taking her to the dealer...

You did well to get 22.5k out of yours. Mine lasted 40 km, that's not a typo it was 40 km and 1 day old before oil pissed out of the gasket. It was fixed under warranty but I was still unhappy that it leaked. :mad:

You did well to get 22.5k out of yours. Mine lasted 40 km, that's not a typo it was 40 km and 1 day old before oil pissed out of the gasket. It was fixed under warranty but I was still unhappy that it leaked. :mad:

Mine was noticeably 'ill-fitting' right from new - gasket looked like it had been stretched or even squashed in and wasn't properly seated in it's channel so maybe I am lucky it lasted this long!!

...and yet.... mine is original, nearly 90,000 kms, been off and back on at least four times (that I can think of) for --- err -- "engine attention." :evil:

Mine started to weep a bit about 2 months ago found all the exhaust side bolts finger tight nipped up and all good but I wonder if the exhaust side works loose because of the heat, intake side was perfect tension.

Mine started to weep a bit about 2 months ago found all the exhaust side bolts finger tight nipped up and all good but I wonder if the exhaust side works loose because of the heat, intake side was perfect tension.

checked those and they are fine...this is a full blow out - the gasket has actually snapped :thumbsdown:

Apparently mine was caused by a crease or fold in the gasket when it was being assembled. The oil was running down the side of the engine after 40km. I just hope that is the only quality control failure I have.

Last edited:
Back