Bridgestone tires for the R3 Standard/Classic/Roadster

Thanks for the pointer, will check it out. I think choosing between Exedra's and Cobra's is going to be a close runner - £300 for Cobra's is about it down here too.

Edit:

Not sure if the G852G is the same as the Max, found some images and they are different. The Max has a centre groove.

G852G

Max

More importantly, Battersea, the Exedra Max has an extended wear compound that was developed specifically for large cruisers.

The Max is the one without the centre groove.Check post #14.:)

I actually have the Bridgestones on mine . . no complaints. They are a little taller. Rode them to Maine and back last summer, 2up, pulling a trailer and they still look good.

Dave I have the 11.5 shocks on my bike will that be okay with the bridgestone? are you riding your bike to work any time? if so I might drop by and check the tyres out.

Should be . . I think it is about 1" taller overall . . . 1/2 inch less clearance to the fender. Never had a problem even with Deb, myself and the trailer weight so it shouldnt even be an issue with you. Makes my speedo right on the money.

I'm heading to Minnesota for a week or so . . I can ride it in when I get back. Toward the end of next week.

The Exedra Max will raise the R3 0.47" higher than the OEM tire, so with an 11 1/2" rear shock (1" shorter than stock), you should be OK clearance-wise, but you'll still have the rear end about 1/2" below the stock geometry which will cause some premature wear on the rear due to the extra weight shifted rearward.

The Exedra Max will raise the R3 0.47" higher than the OEM tire, so with an 11 1/2" rear shock (1" shorter than stock), you should be OK clearance-wise, but you'll still have the rear end about 1/2" below the stock geometry which will cause some premature wear on the rear due to the extra weight shifted rearward.

Umm . . .47" . . pretty much 1/2" ;)

He has a darkside on it now which is about an Inch lower. The Bridgestone will bring it up a lot closer to stock.

More importantly, Battersea, the Exedra Max has an extended wear compound that was developed specifically for large cruisers.

Yes, I have watched the Bridgestone video - a plus point over the G852.

Still confused as to whether the G852G is a re-labelled 'Max' in Europe.

Back