Best Way To Remove Hose

dobro

Supercharged
Ride
2011 R3T
I'm changing my coolant and am having trouble removing the water pump hose, which is stuck. What's the best way to remove it without damaging it? Thanks.

I got lucky and a little gentle prying with a thin bladed screwdriver got the coolant dripping through a place in the sleeve and that coupled with the heat radiating from the driveway eventually allowed me to work it loose with a channel lock. If that hadn't happened I was going to try slipping a thin piece of stiff plastic coated with WD40 up under the sleeve.

I usually leave the hos on the water pump and pull the face of the pump off this allows more of the coolant to drain out. then I apply Hylomar sealnt to the gasket sfurcae and install the cover back on. Fill her up bleed her (there is a bleed screw right above the thermostat housing which allows you to bleed the air out of the head) and down the road I go :)

I usually leave the hos on the water pump and pull the face of the pump off this allows more of the coolant to drain out. then I apply Hylomar sealnt to the gasket sfurcae and install the cover back on. Fill her up bleed her (there is a bleed screw right above the thermostat housing which allows you to bleed the air out of the head) and down the road I go :)

Getting that bleed screw back in was a major pain in the a*s. The next time I'm going to try loosening it till it leaks instead of taking it out.

Back