Best priced Rocket 3 Touring and best trade in

Elvis

Living the Dream!
Ride
2008 R3T
Guys,

Been looking at potentially trading my 08' R3T for a 14' 2 tone red and black.

So far I only have one offer and it did not excite me. Is there anyone out there known for putting more into your old R3T or coming off list of $17,299?

I bought this one at Castle Powersports and while their service has been decent except for one service guy they give the impression they don't appreciate business.

My quote is from FRS Powersports in Memphis. I intend to check Castle and Big 4 Cycle in Evansville as well.

thanks

Got my 2014 touring for 100 less than you have listed try D&D cycles in Penscola FL they seem to deal good with everyone 850-456-0354

I bought my 2010 used at FRS in Memphis and had really good luck dealing with them. They were willing to move on price a bit, but nothing to write home about. Castle didn't want to budge at all.

I bought my 2010 used at FRS in Memphis and had really good luck dealing with them. They were willing to move on price a bit, but nothing to write home about. Castle didn't want to budge at all.

Thanks, I bought from Castle last time because they gave me a discount on all the add on parts and installed them for free prior to me picking the bike up. FRS gave me a quote but wanted to add document charges and other charges totaling $600+ which I thought was bull.

I tried to trade at Castle back in the Spring. Same trade you're proposing, i.e. an '08 R3T for a '14 R3T ABS.
I really wanted to trade with them. I prefer to deal with nearby folks, and they're my closest dealer.

However, they pretty much wanted me to pay retail for their bike, and they wanted to give me a couple of thousand under book value for my very nice, low mileage trade.

I then tried to trade with Pandora down in Chattanooga, but they were even worse. They wouldn't make me any offer on my trade. They basically didn't want it. A Triumph dealer, explaining to me that the Rocket IIIs are too hard for them to sell.... go figure.

So I sent Randy Baxter (Baxter Cycles in Marne, IA) an e-mail note asking about trading with them. I'd dealt with them before with vintage motorcycles. They're very honest, and seem to have an excellent ability to move motorcycles in both the US and overseas. They're pretty big in the vintage bike export business.

In any event, Jeremy called me back quickly, I sent him some pictures, and we worked out a deal that was $2000 better for me than the one offered to me by Castle. It was pretty much all in the trade value of my '08.

I drove up there with my '08 in the trailer, and drove home with the '14.

They put my '08 up for sale at a fair price, and they sold it in the Spring market. They made money on the deal, and I have been very happy with the '14 ABS.

So ... Baxter is also quite good about working out shipping details. In fact, they've actually brought a trailer to my house to pick up a vintage bike ... Randy makes trips around to get vintage bikes whenever he gets enough leads to make the trip worthwhile.

I would have liked to trade with Castle or Pandora, but even with the expense of the trip up there, I came out $1500 to the good by going to Baxter.

I tried to trade at Castle back in the Spring. Same trade you're proposing, i.e. an '08 R3T for a '14 R3T ABS.
I really wanted to trade with them. I prefer to deal with nearby folks, and they're my closest dealer.

However, they pretty much wanted me to pay retail for their bike, and they wanted to give me a couple of thousand under book value for my very nice, low mileage trade.

I then tried to trade with Pandora down in Chattanooga, but they were even worse. They wouldn't make me any offer on my trade. They basically didn't want it. A Triumph dealer, explaining to me that the Rocket IIIs are too hard for them to sell.... go figure.

So I sent Randy Baxter (Baxter Cycles in Marne, IA) an e-mail note asking about trading with them. I'd dealt with them before with vintage motorcycles. They're very honest, and seem to have an excellent ability to move motorcycles in both the US and overseas. They're pretty big in the vintage bike export business.

In any event, Jeremy called me back quickly, I sent him some pictures, and we worked out a deal that was $2000 better for me than the one offered to me by Castle. It was pretty much all in the trade value of my '08.

I drove up there with my '08 in the trailer, and drove home with the '14.

They put my '08 up for sale at a fair price, and they sold it in the Spring market. They made money on the deal, and I have been very happy with the '14 ABS.

So ... Baxter is also quite good about working out shipping details. In fact, they've actually brought a trailer to my house to pick up a vintage bike ... Randy makes trips around to get vintage bikes whenever he gets enough leads to make the trip worthwhile.

I would have liked to trade with Castle or Pandora, but even with the expense of the trip up there, I came out $1500 to the good by going to Baxter.

Thanks for the info, my job takes me to the Quad Cities often, so if Baxter is close that might be an option. Castle is closest for me too even thought they are 140 miles away, Big 4 in Evansville is the next closest.

After my recent conversation with a girl at MotorTrike I intend to wait until May 2015 to see if Triumph puts out a real touring bike.

that is a really nice looking bike. Mcc triumph out here offers significant discounts on NOS otherwise they play it by the book.

Back