Bags Connection Tank Bag

Hedgehog

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket III
Hi Guys,

Hope you're all well and right side up. Sorry for long absence - been touring Ireland again. Superb but not easy on a Rocket III! What a beast!

Been thinking about getting one of those click on and off tank bags since I last went on tour and got fed up with the straps on my old Oxford bag.

Finally fitted and tested the Sport bag (Small / medium sized one) by Bags Connection and it was great. Bit of a weird install (see video) but in use totally hassle free. I doubt I'll ever use another type of tank bag again. Downside is that its not cheap and you need a fixing kit as well as the bag.

Still I've decided I'm a fan.

What do you think? Anyone else tried it?

Here's the Review

... k-bag.html

Here's the Install Video

Hedgehog

Attachments

• Attaching_tank_bag.jpg
    Attaching_tank_bag.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 4
HUGE fan of the Bags Connection tank-bag system - had the adapter plate on three separate bikes and couple of difference size bags that I could permutate as the requirement dictated
Nice small one for about town stuff and bigger one for trips.
Is an absolute dream at gas stops - seconds off and on.
I don't even use the 'safety' strap that goes around head-stock - just unnecessary IMO

(I have the slightly older system but principle essentially the same)

I'm actually thinking about getting an extra set of adapters (both parts) and fitting to a a spare tail seat I have, and mounting rear bag that way also.

HUGE fan of the Bags Connection tank-bag system - had the adapter plate on three separate bikes and couple of difference size bags that I could permutate as the requirement dictated
Nice small one for about town stuff and bigger one for trips.
Is an absolute dream at gas stops - seconds off and on.
I don't even use the 'safety' strap that goes around head-stock - just unnecessary IMO

(I have the slightly older system but principle essentially the same)

I'm actually thinking about getting an extra set of adapters (both parts) and fitting to a a spare tail seat I have, and mounting rear bag that way also.

Yeah, the new ones have a modified fixing system - no headstock strap at all now... just click on and off thanks to 4 point mounting system.

Dave

It was supplied but not 'needed' on the older system - just added 'insurance' I guess, but serves no real restraining purpose.

Back