Backfire through Throttle body

Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Got a 13 R3R , only engine mods are Ramair filter , with Hanso inspired tune. Prior to fitting the Ramair bike would pop through throttle bodies on occasion usually in 1st or 2nd gear when decelerating and then reapplying throttle slightly ( like when blipping for changedown ). Since putting the Ramair on it does it now after cruising highway speed for awhile deceling then blipping for change down , not a huge drama but it has once again popped the ramair filter off enough i can hear it sucking air around one of the throttle bodies, yes i have it zip tied as well.

Just on another note , my bike has done just over 16000 klm , will the fuel filter need changing now and will the spark plugs need changing or regapping ?

My bike pops through the throttle bodies too. It only happens occasionally, and it has never been bad enough to blow the RamAir off the throttle bodies. The mini-pods I had on the bike before I fitted the RamAir also had the same pop.

I'm booked in for dyno play time next week. I'll mention it to them and see what they say.

@Wrecka. I've just done a bit of googling on this topic. Not Rocket-specific, but just a general throttle body backfire search. The two most common responses suggest ...

• Air:fuel mixture too lean; or
  • Timing out (timing too advanced I think)
I'm no mechanic ... not even the backyard variety ... so maybe some of the more knowledgeable in the Rocket family can add some credibility to these points.

Thanks fellas,
not too much to fret about then :)
I sort of know the pop pushes the Filter off just enough that i hear a change in induction noise , or could just this Dark Sider being paranoid...........
Will drop the plugs out this weekend ( if im not working ) that should tell me if its running to lean , may even buy a new set of somthing better , any ideas ?
Dyno tune will have to wait till after RDU im not wasting my spending money ;)

Backfiring thru the throttle bodies == TOO lean Fix it. If there is moifications and no proper tuning then the answer is very obvious.

Back