Whippet

.020 Over
Ride
Roadster
Just got new Avons.. Will fit them and see if they are better than the metzlers.. Went with the 140/75 front to improve steering..should be a bit of humour to see if she turns in better

I found the Avons to have better wear and quicker turn in, I think you'll like them.

Whippet, not only will your turn-in improve with that 140 front tire, but so will your overall handling and the big girl's going to feel at least 200 kilos lighter!

Last edited:
I've recently put a cobra on the back in place of a bridgy....I'm going straight back to the bridgy when the cobra's worn out - good in the dry and definately an improvement on the metz but riding a 370kg monster all crossed up in the wet weather is getting old fast....

...front is a different story all together. I run the 150/80 cobra and love it. Heaps more confidence in it than the metz and I've pushed it pretty hard, plus it feels a **** load better in the wet than the metz did.

20141114_093254.jpg

I put Avons on last week.
Replacing the original OEM Metz; they were hard as hell!

Anyway, she feels pretty stable leaned over to the boards now. I haven't ridden in the rain; but I have a faired bike with ABS for that.

Scott

Just got new Avons.. Will fit them and see if they are better than the metzlers.. Went with the 140/75 front to improve steering..should be a bit of humour to see if she turns in better

Instead of going smaller on the front you could have gone bigger on the back ie Bridgestone Exedra Max. Mates brilliantly with an Avon on the front. Like Hunty, I found the Avon a vast improvement over Metzler but gave me a few moments in the wet.

Back