Auxiallary Tail/Brake Lights

Spartacus

.020 Over
I'm installing 2 additional tail/brake light assemblies to supplement the original tail/light for enhanced visibility. These lights use standard 1157 bulbs. I will be splicing into the existing wire harness under the right side cover panel. Is it necessary to install an incline fuse in this new power lead or can I just rely on the stock fuse that already exists in this circuit? Also I would like to know if these lights will need their own relay? I am also installing EB headlight relays.

I'm installing 2 additional tail/brake light assemblies to supplement the original tail/light for enhanced visibility. These lights use standard 1157 bulbs. I will be splicing into the existing wire harness under the right side cover panel. Is it necessary to install an incline fuse in this new power lead or can I just rely on the stock fuse that already exists in this circuit? Also I would like to know if these lights will need their own relay? I am also installing EB headlight relays.

Globes draw very little power so I can't see why you'd need a relay. There's not one in the existing light circuit, so a few more amps won't change that.

Tail lights are only 5w. Brake lights at 21w are the big drawers but they are only on for short bursts so don't tend to cause any over heating of the wiring loom anyway.

I would think that the worst thing that could happen is that when using the extra globes, the fuse had more draw on it than it could handle and it blew, but if that were to happen I'd just go from a 5 amp to a 10 amp fuse to compensate. The wiring will still handle that without a problem.

When you think about it, Triumph wired the headlights up thru the ignition switch on the Rocket without a relay at all and (when on high beam) they are burning two 55w globes at once.

If u can find a wreck 955triuph they have the same plug for the brack and running lights then u can make ur own harness without cutting that is what did for stb when I put her trunk on

Back