At last...It's all good now.

ant

Turbocharged
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 2007
After trying for a couple of hours to download Tuneecu on my laptop with Windows 8.1 with no joy..Lucky i still have my old laptop with Windows 7 so i thought i would give that a go.I had no problems downloading Tuneecu drivers etc..connected to bike and changed map the throttle bodies we out 1=640 2=640 3=620 so adjusted them.Happy bunny now.

So glad it's all sorted now..Tuneecu is a handy piece of kit.

It was a headache when i tried to install the Tuneecu using the windows 8.1..First gathered as much info about downloading drivers etc and getting the right cable with the right chip..At one point i thought the cable i have was faulty,check the chip and the pcb all looked ok,checked and cleaned the socket on the bike all looked ok..Still no joy and would not connect..Uninstalled and reinstalled everything and still no joy.

I am not 100% sure why when i used my old laptop and window 7 it all came together....but glad it did.

Sorry Steve yours is not working mate..Don't give up

Just FYI, I bought a small, cheap computer with Windows 8, just to use TuneECU, but couldn't get it to work. However, I also, got it to work on my old Windows 7 computer...

That's interesting perhaps Windows 8 is a no go then or were we both missing something,wonder if anyone has managed to use Tuneecu with Windows 8...Glad i didn't give up and tried my Windows 7..

That's interesting perhaps Windows 8 is a no go then or were we both missing something,wonder if anyone has managed to use Tuneecu with Windows 8...Glad i didn't give up and tried my Windows 7..
I had problems with Windows 8 for a lot of activities but people on the forum said it hooked up with the cable.

When you try to install the driver, do you get into the Device Manager? And see the com and usb devices when you plug the cable in?

Last edited:
For me.. yes i could see the com and usb devices but for some reason i could not change between them on the tuneecu interface.... but i could with windows 7 and could click them to change them from com to usb..That's what made me think it was something to do with the cable driver...I might one day have another try.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and TuneECU just fine...... don't ask me how because I will not be able to tell you. lol

Back